Hose TapThread Cleaning Tool

/ Hose TapThread Cleaning Tool #1  

DJ54

Elite Member
Tractor
IH Farmall 656 gas/ IH 240 Utility/ 2, Super C Farmalls/ 2, Farmall A's/ Farmall BN/McCormick-Deering OS-6/McCormick-Deering O-4/ '36 Farmall F-12/ 480 Case hoe. '65 Ford 2000 3 cyl., 4 spd. w/3 spd Aux. Trans
This may not be the place to post this, but figured it may get more exposure here, as I've seen more than several threads looking for one of these tools.

I've been wanting one myself for several years. Saw one a couple of years ago, but had like a spigot knob handle, and more then likely made in China. Tried to find it yesterday with no luck. Just endless searches of "they don't make a tool like that" in all kinds of forums, here included.

I'm here to say they do, and got one ordered..!! ZORO tools seemed to have the best price + $5 shipping. In today's world, guess that's not bad. Plus, it's actually a Made in U.S. A. tool.

I've got 2 freeze proof spigot's with the threads messed up, from a certain someone whose cross threaded them and leak like a sieve. If it only last to fix these two, it will have paid for itself ($17.54 with shipping), and saved me $60+ for new spigot's, and shooting 3/4 of a day installing them.

I'll post after I try it out, and let y'all know how it worked.

https://youtu.be/0bN6DqZeaQg

https://www.zoro.com/superior-tool-hose-tapthread-cleaning-tool-7inl-manual-05265/i/G0070318/

/ Hose TapThread Cleaning Tool #2  
This may not be the place to post this, but figured it may get more exposure here, as I've seen more than several threads looking for one of these tools.

I've been wanting one myself for several years. Saw one a couple of years ago, but had like a spigot knob handle, and more then likely made in China. Tried to find it yesterday with no luck. Just endless searches of "they don't make a tool like that" in all kinds of forums, here included.

I'm here to say they do, and got one ordered..!! ZORO tools seemed to have the best price + $5 shipping. In today's world, guess that's not bad. Plus, it's actually a Made in U.S. A. tool.

I've got 2 freeze proof spigot's with the threads messed up, from a certain someone whose cross threaded them and leak like a sieve. If it only last to fix these two, it will have paid for itself ($17.54 with shipping), and saved me $60+ for new spigot's, and shooting 3/4 of a day installing them.

I'll post after I try it out, and let y'all know how it worked.

https://youtu.be/0bN6DqZeaQg

https://www.zoro.com/superior-tool-hose-tapthread-cleaning-tool-7inl-manual-05265/i/G0070318/

Thanks for the heads up on this!
Just ordered one!
I have at least 11 hose bibbs, and 4 of them are frost proof (horrible to replace)
This will be a great tool to have available (if I can find it when needed).

/ Hose TapThread Cleaning Tool
Mission accomplished... :)

/ Hose TapThread Cleaning Tool #4  
I have bought from their eBay store in the past: Superior Tool 05265 Hose Tapthread Cleaning Tool 7INL Manual | eBay

s-l500.jpg

/ Hose TapThread Cleaning Tool #5  
Good find...

In the past I have used a thread file to carefully cleanup threads.

/ Hose TapThread Cleaning Tool #6  
Good find...

In the past I have used a thread file to carefully cleanup threads.

When mine is delivered I am going to immediately spray it blaze orange!
Maybe I'll be able to find it when I need it.......maybe!
I am going to run it over the threads on all my hose bibbs right away, just to clean them up.

/ Hose TapThread Cleaning Tool #7  
A contractor friend of mine always painted his tools fluorescent pink... I thought is looked awful...

Then I was with him on a job and twice saw someone walking away with Pink tools... and he stepped in.

According to him... it really made a difference in preventing things from "Walking" off the job.

/ Hose TapThread Cleaning Tool #9  
Hose bibs are straight thread (not tapered) 3/4 pipe thread. a 3/4 pipe die will do the same thing.

Ron

Pitch is different

3/4" NPT is 14 TPI

GHT (garden hose thread) is 11.5 TPI (same as 1" NPT)