JD 110 TLB - Cylinder Leak Repair

/ JD 110 TLB - Cylinder Leak Repair #1  

DigSouthArk

Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB
I have a John Deere 110 TLB with a pretty steady leak around the seals on the bucket tilt cylinder on the FEL (cylinder is JD part #AH224917). I have never performed a hydraulic cylinder repair/rebuild/repack before, but it seems straight forward enough.

I am confused as to which kit(s) to order. The online parts catalog lists the kit as part #AH231936 with two notes, "(ALSO ORDER R78393 )" and "(SUB FOR AH160843)". However, when you lookup AH231936 it shows to have been discontinued. I found a note that indicates that you must now order two separate kits, AH161589 and AH164325. If I order these two kits will I have all the rings and seals that I need to complete the job, or do I also need to order R78393 as with the original kit? I use my machine to make a living, and don't have a backup, so I'm trying to get my ducks in a row so I can do this in one day without any delays.

Any advice on the repair itself and/or ordering of the parts is appreciated.

/ JD 110 TLB - Cylinder Leak Repair #2  
Sounds like the two kits are one for the end seal and the other for the piston o rings.

/ JD 110 TLB - Cylinder Leak Repair #3  
for $3.00 I'd order it just in case, I have a PDF of the Deere Tech maual you're more than welcome to, using it to make a living and not haveing a backup it my prove handy.
If wanted, shoot me your email

Joe

/ JD 110 TLB - Cylinder Leak Repair #4  
Not uncommon for the yellow iron world to have 2 seal kits for cylinders (usually one is for the barrel and the other for the rod), and although typically sold through green dealers the hyd cylinders for the 110 came from the industrial division of Deere. It appears to me that you will want the additional b/u ring.

/ JD 110 TLB - Cylinder Leak Repair #5  
I would order a generic version like from here. Bucket (Tilt) Cylinder Seal Kit, for John Deere OEM AH231936

[disclaimer]Have not done business with the link above and do not know anything about them.[/disclaimer]

I recently did the stabilizer cylinder on my NH575E and it was a bugger. They only listed one kit but it had a larger wiper seal and wear ring than my cylinder had in it. Turned out they superseded the gland nut a couple of times and wanted you to order a new nut, piston, and kit. No telling which nut my cylinder had in it. I had to build a wrench to get the gland nut off, buy a portable torch to heat up the end of the housing, turned my gland nut out to fit the wiper seal and reused my wear ring.