Ford 550 no power

/ Ford 550 no power #1  

mt75

Tractor
ford 550 year 76
Hi Tractorbynet

First off, sorry for my bad english :(

My problem is my rebuild ford 550 year 76 3 cyl diesel.

The 550 is completly rebuild from rear to front. soo is the engine.

New
Cam / pistons/sleves/ valves/ fuel injectors/ the fuel pump a cav (dpa 3233f650) was going to be rebuild but the service place said it was beyond repair.
The did not have the same number pump but they said the had one they could make fit ( dpa 3232668) i cant find out what i fits.

The engine starts right away and runs very smooth. but it have very poor throttle response and now power at all.

I have checked piston hight/ timing/ valve clearence. all filters are also new.

Also tried turning the fuel pump. and even adjusted if to give more fuel. it has very little impact.

Could it be the fuel pump even if the said if was testet to match the old one.

Hope some of guys have some ideas.

Greetings Martin from Denmark

/ Ford 550 no power #2  
Hi Tractorbynet

First off, sorry for my bad english :(

My problem is my rebuild ford 550 year 76 3 cyl diesel.

The 550 is completly rebuild from rear to front. soo is the engine.

New
Cam / pistons/sleves/ valves/ fuel injectors/ the fuel pump a cav (dpa 3233f650) was going to be rebuild but the service place said it was beyond repair.
The did not have the same number pump but they said the had one they could make fit ( dpa 3232668) i cant find out what i fits.

The engine starts right away and runs very smooth. but it have very poor throttle response and now power at all.

I have checked piston hight/ timing/ valve clearence. all filters are also new.

Also tried turning the fuel pump. and even adjusted if to give more fuel. it has very little impact.

Could it be the fuel pump even if the said if was testet to match the old one.

Hope some of guys have some ideas.

Greetings Martin from Denmark

Make sure you have adequate fuel delivery to the pump inlet. Often times the strainer in the fuel tank out let is partially clogged and will allow enough fuel to start and idle but not enough to develop off idle power. Additionally a pinched fuel line, clogged fuel filter, a bad lift pump ( if your tractor has one) or clogged air filter can also cause power reduction. You'll have to systematically check these items to resolve your problem.

Hope this helps.

/ Ford 550 no power #3  
A couple of other things to check. If you have a rubber fuel line, they tend to swell internally over time. Replace it with plastic. Also, diesel engines are pretty picky about having the fuel pump timed to the injectors. May need a qualified diesel mechanic to check that out. Good luck.

/ Ford 550 no power
Hi

Found the problem. it was the new fuel pump as i suspected.

Greetings Martin