(shop) air regulator/filter suggestions

/ (shop) air regulator/filter suggestions #1  

disney

Gold Member
Tractor
scag turf tiger 61" #2, gx95, sold f525 twice, f725 sold
Good morning all! I am nearing the completion of a 120gal compressor install, (converted to 5hp), and discovered my planned-to-be-used new snap-on 1/2" filter/regulator set max is 150 psi, and my compressor is 175:( I know I could adjust the pressure switch to cut off sooner, but I would rather not do that (long story, just go with me...) I actually have a different filter that is rated to 250 psi, with 1/2" npt, but would still need a good regulator. I don't care if a by a new combo, or just a regulator, but I would like to buy (reasonable) quality, at good price. I do not want to go any smaller than 1/2", and would not like to go larger than 3/4, but willing to if need be for a better unit, or great deal. As always thanks in advance to all to help.

/ (shop) air regulator/filter suggestions #2  
just picked up a couple from northern tools for a couple customers they are 200psi ingersoll rand brand very good quality should be about $60.00 both are adjustable and quite heavy metal construction good luck

/ (shop) air regulator/filter suggestions #3  
Is there some reason you want to run at 175psi??? Thats way high for air tools. 90psi is rated pressure. I run at 120psi usually, but 175 is considerably higher than that. Wont do much for longevity./

The current SO filter regulator PN AHR430 is rated for 250psi in . If you have to have 175psi for some specific reason, just bypass the filter/reg combo and run straight from the tank to that tool. Put your other filter on that high pressure unregulated line

/ (shop) air regulator/filter suggestions #4  
they were putting them in line for shop use they run alot of 1 inch air guns also it is the government what they take off they must return with same most what they do is overkill but it works