Kubota B7610 hydro issues

/ Kubota B7610 hydro issues #1  

Hooked_on_HP

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E
I have a b7610hst with around 1000 hrs on it. I started to back it out of the garage and it started moving then it paused for a couple of seconds then it started moving again . Now is where things got bad. It stopped moving again and started making a loud squelling noise out of the bell housing. If I push the clutch in the noise goes away. I checked and the shaft that goes from the bell housing to the main hydro pump is not spinning. It just chatters. It is full of fluid and I did try replacing the hyd filters. I am hoping it is something simple like a striped clutch shaft. My service manual doesn't give a good pic of what is in the case that bolts to the bell housing. One pic shows 3 shafts and gears and another shows like the outline of a pump. Any one had one of these apart. I am in the process of splitting the tractor now.
Bill

/ Kubota B7610 hydro issues
I got the tractor split apart and found the problem. The splines on the clutch disc are totally gone. All thing considered tis is the best I could hope for. I don't under stand why it happened. The clutch shaft looks fine. When I was taking it apart I noticed it had been apart before. I don't know if the clutch had gone out before and some one put a cheep one in it or what.

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 220
   / Kubota B7610 hydro issues
Here is my next dilemma . This clutch disc has no springs or rubber to cushion the clutch. This is an original Kubota disc. There are aftermarket discs with springs. I am wondering if springs my prevent this from happening again

/ Kubota B7610 hydro issues #4  
Here is my next dilemma . This clutch disc has no springs or rubber to cushion the clutch. This is an original Kubota disc. There are aftermarket discs with springs. I am wondering if springs my prevent this from happening again

Having springs on the clutch disk will definitely help preventing the clutch disk breaking down, but the above issue you have got may not only depends on the springs.