Anyone debate buying vs renting a pressure washer?

/ Anyone debate buying vs renting a pressure washer? #11  
I had an electric Karcher that, when it worked was OK. But it died after two years and in the interim I had to struggle with the cord and hose that kept trying to wind in a different manner than I wanted them to. Plus it was difficult to connect the hose. I had to drag it inside for winter and those memory cord issues were always in the way.

And here I was going to suggest getting an electric Karcher... Oh, well. Mind you, I knew what I was going after (brass internal) 'cause Karcher is the brand that the Air Force (RAAF) uses to wash-down their aircraft. Of course, our winters are nothing like what you experience.

Mine is still going strong after 3 years.

/ Anyone debate buying vs renting a pressure washer?
And here I was going to suggest getting an electric Karcher... Oh, well. Mind you, I knew what I was going after (brass internal) 'cause Karcher is the brand that the Air Force (RAAF) uses to wash-down their aircraft. Of course, our winters are nothing like what you experience.

Mine is still going strong after 3 years.

I think they make different quality levels as well so I might have got a lower end unit. Just struggling with those stiff and windy cords was a challenge but I thought it did a good job.

/ Anyone debate buying vs renting a pressure washer? #13  
I think they make different quality levels as well so I might have got a lower end unit. Just struggling with those stiff and windy cords was a challenge but I thought it did a good job.

G'day they certainly do have two levels of machine we have one here at our workshop and it is a hot wash as well it would see 4-5 hrs of use every week and is over 15 yrs old and the only thing we have had to replace is the odd o ring here and there, mind you the replacement price for the same unit is around the $4.5k mark

Jon

/ Anyone debate buying vs renting a pressure washer? #14  
I've had a homeowners grade PW for several years. I run it out of gas everytime i use it and blow out the water through the pump. Never an issue starting or running. Not a fan of renting.

/ Anyone debate buying vs renting a pressure washer? #15  
I just got a new electric power washer. It is not the most powerful but it world to wash the tractor and everything I need. I only paid $135 or so for it so I break even if it lasts 2 years and I come out ahead if it lasts 3. Can't remember the brand but it works well. Ed

/ Anyone debate buying vs renting a pressure washer? #16  
My first one was a Sears unit, it lasted about 5. Years than the pump went. I replaced it with a Dewalt that has a Honda motor. It's probably 5-6 years old now. I think it was 800.00 +\- when I bought it. I would much rather own than rent,simply for the convenience factor. I have in the past hooked it up to my hot water valve so it would be a "hot water washer" Doing that helps a bit, but if I buy another one it will be a real hot water one.

/ Anyone debate buying vs renting a pressure washer? #17  
I have a Simpson 2600 PSI unit that I bought 16 years ago and it still works fine. Motor cranks on first or second pull because I let the tank run dry everytime. Winterizing consist of pulling the starter cord a few times to pump the water out of the pump and draining the water from the pressure hose and wand and that is all I have ever done. Even with the -40F winters in Canada, it has never damaged anything.
I am not a fan of renting equipment when you have even a yearly use for it. Properly cared for most equipment will last you more than 10 years.

IF it is a one time use, then renting may be OK but rarely have I needed anything for just one time. Repeat occurrences of "one time need" seem to happen to me all the time which is why I need 3 tool boxes and a 44x52 shop to store all my tools and toys.

/ Anyone debate buying vs renting a pressure washer? #18  
I'm not a fan of renting. I probably use my PW about 5 times a year so renting wouldn't make sense.

/ Anyone debate buying vs renting a pressure washer? #19  
15-20 year old Craftsman 2100psi with a Briggs. Use it all the time if you have one. Wish it was electric for winter storage but oh well, as long as he keeps on chugging, I'll keep him. I wouldn't be without one tho.

/ Anyone debate buying vs renting a pressure washer?
OK, great advice. I'm now looking into buying and if I find something will get the details and report back. Thanks all.