Pressure washer idle down

/ Pressure washer idle down #1  

tjkubota93

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota bx1860
I have a pressure washer I got from my neighbor because it was broke. Turns out the pump was ate up from setting with purple cleaner in it.

It's a Honda motor with a cheap pump I bought as a replacement.

Is there a way to make it idle down like some new ones I have seen?
I haven't had a chance to study how that feature works.

/ Pressure washer idle down #2  
There should be a lever above the carb toward the tank that controls engine speed on horizontal shaft engines.
Some times the lever will be stiff, if it is you can untighten the nut on the lever to make it easier.

/ Pressure washer idle down #3  
I have a pressure washer I got from my neighbor because it was broke. Turns out the pump was ate up from setting with purple cleaner in it.

It's a Honda motor with a cheap pump I bought as a replacement.

Is there a way to make it idle down like some new ones I have seen?
I haven't had a chance to study how that feature works.

What your are referring to is the "unloader" I believe...Pressure Washer Unloader Valve | eBay
Good Luck...

/ Pressure washer idle down
They all have that. I want to know how to hook it to the throttle. So when it unloads, it also idles down.

/ Pressure washer idle down #5  
They all have that. I want to know how to hook it to the throttle. So when it unloads, it also idles down.

There is usually a "kick down" cable/linkage...how was it originally kicking down?

/ Pressure washer idle down
It just has the standard unloader valve. So the engine stays at the governed rpm, but the pump quits pumping. The new ones I have seen actually have a throttle control as well.