Puffs of blue smoke and white film on the tip of dip stick

/ Puffs of blue smoke and white film on the tip of dip stick #1  

mikefrommichigan

I have a 5 year old cub cadet with a kohler engine.
I noticed that there was a slight oil drip on the floor after starting it up today after it was stored over winter in the barn.
I drove it for approx 15 minutes and noticed occasional puffs of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust. I checked the oil again and noticed a white film on the tip and along the edge of the dip stick.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

/ Puffs of blue smoke and white film on the tip of dip stick #2  
Let me get this right. You stored it for the entire winter and didn't even check the oil before you started it up? Hummmm.

/ Puffs of blue smoke and white film on the tip of dip stick
I did say "I checked the oil again" meaning a second time.

/ Puffs of blue smoke and white film on the tip of dip stick #4  
Sounds like water in the oil
Is the oil turning mikly?

Check the breather and drain the fuel bowl. See if theres any water/condensation in either.

I would drain all the fuel out and refill with known, clean fuel. I would also change the oil and filter if it has one.

/ Puffs of blue smoke and white film on the tip of dip stick #5  
Sounds like water in the oil
Is the oil turning mikly?

Check the breather and drain the fuel bowl. See if theres any water/condensation in either.

I would drain all the fuel out and refill with known, clean fuel. I would also change the oil and filter if it has one.

Yep, What he said. Ed

/ Puffs of blue smoke and white film on the tip of dip stick #6  
It's probably condensation from sitting all winter. Change the oil & filter or run it & see if it evaporates.

/ Puffs of blue smoke and white film on the tip of dip stick
Changed the oil and filter today, fuel bowl and line inspection is next.

Thanks

/ Puffs of blue smoke and white film on the tip of dip stick #8  
How did the oil look - was it balck, or did it have a brownish tint with possibly cream/white? When first drained was there any water?