Socket Organizer

/ Socket Organizer #21  
Most of the socket holders that I see have the sockets set up vertical and I like them to lay down in a tray. I have my sockets set that way but I am setting up two shops in the near future and can't see trying to tote my big Mac toolbox back and forth so I am looking for more. I have my 1/2 in sets on rails and I hate that. Am looking fore some for them as well. Ed

/ Socket Organizer #22  
I'll follow this. I don't have any real complete sets of sockets, just stuff that I have left from cheap sets, craftsmans I've bought used single, some harbor freight stuff, and some side of the road finds. I bought a couple sets of the chrome steel strips from Sears a few years ago, and really didn't like them. It actually is annoying enough, I've thought about buying an entire set, of metric and standard sockets from HF, just to have less of a mixed mess...

/ Socket Organizer #23  
This is how I keep mine neat. Socket rails pop-riveted to the bottom of the drawer. From 3/16" to 1 1/2" and 4mm to 36mm plus various specialty sockets.
1461760225808.jpg

/ Socket Organizer #25  
I bought a couple sets of the chrome steel strips from Sears a few years ago, and really didn't like them. It actually is annoying enough, I've thought about buying an entire set, of metric and standard sockets from HF, just to have less of a mixed mess...

I really like the Stanley set I got at WalMart. The moulded case with clearly labeled slots for each socket and wrench is the best part. The trouble is one of the thee latches has come off and I'm afraid the same will happen with the others and maybe the henge. If it does, I'll probably set the two halves in a drawer. Knowing where my tools are cuts down on frustration to the point that I'd coonsider buying another set just for the case.

/ Socket Organizer #26  
I really like the Stanley set I got at WalMart. The moulded case with clearly labeled slots for each socket and wrench is the best part. The trouble is one of the thee latches has come off and I'm afraid the same will happen with the others and maybe the henge. If it does, I'll probably set the two halves in a drawer. Knowing where my tools are cuts down on frustration to the point that I'd coonsider buying another set just for the case.
I have to keep my tools organized if I want to find them. I can generally tell anyone where to find any tool I have because I put them back in the same spot each time. I hate doing anything at my BIL's place because he has things scattered here and there, some things in ammo cans, some in plastic jars etc. Takes more time to find a wrench or drill bit than to do the job.

I have several sets of sockets, some over 20 years old and all the cases are still in tact. A couple of sets I bought because I was living abroad and needed some tools. One set I bought because I broke a fan belt while 200 miles from home. When the alternator light came on, I knew what happened. I just watched the temperature gauge and drove about 10 miles to the nearest auto parts store, got my belt and the cheapest tool case they had. I carried this set as long as I had that truck. I probably ought to put it in my other PU truck now.
I keep that one in my motorhome now just in case I need a socket. I robbed some of my spare things to put a couple sockets and breaker bar in to fit the lug bolts (hub cap bolts (2) need a different size socket.

/ Socket Organizer #27  
I have to keep my tools organized if I want to find them. I can generally tell anyone where to find any tool I have because I put them back in the same spot each time. I hate doing anything at my BIL's place because he has things scattered here and there, some things in ammo cans, some in plastic jars etc. Takes more time to find a wrench or drill bit than to do the job.

The same here, even the BIL. I was helping him with a 20 minute job in his cluttered storage shed and asked if he had a bench vice. He reached into a sack and handed a 4" one to me. :mur: Very frustrating.

/ Socket Organizer #28  
See, he knew right where it was! 😜
Jim