Ford 641 Workmaster

/ Ford 641 Workmaster #1  

lgcabinman

Tractor
Ford 641 Workmaster
I have a Ford 641 Workmaster, the transmission locked between 1st and 2nd gear and I cant seem to get the forks to move. Any suggestions before I split the tractor?
Thanks

/ Ford 641 Workmaster #2  
I'd say removing the top cover should let you see what the problem is.

/ Ford 641 Workmaster
I'd say removing the top cover should let you see what the problem is.
We pulled it off and didn't see anything out of the ordinary but the lower fork would not move

/ Ford 641 Workmaster #4  
If you have a helper, maybe raise one wheel off the ground, and try to rock it a bit, while the other gently pries on the fork that will be the easiest to get to, since it is apparently locked in two gears at once, and probably has some pressure on it.

I have heard of various models of all makes with worn shift levers that allows them to do what you are experiencing. And believe most have said they build them back up with weld, and fashion them back to approx. original size with what ever they have to work with.

/ Ford 641 Workmaster
If you have a helper, maybe raise one wheel off the ground, and try to rock it a bit, while the other gently pries on the fork that will be the easiest to get to, since it is apparently locked in two gears at once, and probably has some pressure on it.

I have heard of various models of all makes with worn shift levers that allows them to do what you are experiencing. And believe most have said they build them back up with weld, and fashion them back to approx. original size with what ever they have to work with.

Thank You