pto shaft cover retention chain loop repair ??

/ pto shaft cover retention chain loop repair ?? #2  
   / pto shaft cover retention chain loop repair ??
that's what I've been doing ;-0 but i had the grease gun out to service the many drive elements I've "collected", and that loose chain just started to bug me ;-)

/ pto shaft cover retention chain loop repair ?? #4  
If you forget to check that it spins regularly, one day it won't spin and someone can get hurt.

I would that a heavy duty nylon zip tie and secure a small steel ring to the cover, then attach the chain to that.

If you forget to check that it spins regularly, one day it won't spin and someone can get hurt.

I would that a heavy duty nylon zip tie and secure a small steel ring to the cover, then attach the chain to that.

Don't worry Garry, the outer sleeve has the chain intact , and that covers all the exposed shaft but the tractor end bell.

The tye wrap sounds like a good idea!, if it starts to run loose, I'll just grease it!

/ pto shaft cover retention chain loop repair ?? #6  
You could epoxy an attachment point on the cover. Zip tie would be easy. Doing nothing, easier still.

You could epoxy an attachment point on the cover. Zip tie would be easy. Doing nothing, easier still.

I've never found an epoxy that sticks to outdoor flexible plastic. The do nothing fix has held for a couple of years now. ;-)

/ pto shaft cover retention chain loop repair ?? #8  
A large hose clamp works great.