"Touch Up" Painting split Ford 3000

/ "Touch Up" Painting split Ford 3000 #1  

tlj87

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4700, Kubota BX2370-1, Kubota RTV1140CPX, Kubota F3060, Club Car Precedent
I have split my '69 Ford 3000 gas to replace the clutch assembly and flywheel ring gear. I believe the valve cover gasket alone or in addition to the cartridge style oil filter has been leaking for a while as the side of the engine always has a little oil on it that drips on to the exhaust pipe. So, I am planning on replacing the valve cover gasket and converting to a spin-on type oil filter while access to all is easy. In the attached photos you can see before/after cleaning photos. I'm wondering if it would be worth scuffing up the paint on various places missing paint and on the bell housing where the primer is showing and spraying it with rattle can or brush-on Ford blue would be worth the effort? I am also planning on coating the top radiator reservior/tank with POR 15 then painting with high-temp black paint or just Rustoleum black. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1563.jpg
    IMG_1563.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 234
   / "Touch Up" Painting split Ford 3000 #2  
OK here you go. :) when you paint one thing it makes the other look bad, then you paint that also, then the decals look worn so you replace them, oh that old seat could use a new cover naaawww I'll just buy a new one, never knew the steering wheel was dull and skuffed like that so..... etc...... :) Go ahead and get started. On the serious side I've thought about replacing my filter set up also but when I think about it only gets changed probably once a year so its easy to talk myself out of it.