Jinma 254 Starter/solenoid?? Need Help!

/ Jinma 254 Starter/solenoid?? Need Help! #1  

FarmGirl480

Tractor
NorTrac254
Hi! Last week, my tractor would not start. I was able to jump it no problems. Next time, I could not even jump start it. It was making no noises at all when I turned the key. I took the battery out- tested it and it was bad. I replaced it, tractor still not making a peep when I try to crank it. I took out the starter, took it in and had it tested...bad starter. Okay, ordered a new starter, put it in...tractor still won't start. I had checked my connections and they seems fine, but just in case I connected a jumper positive to the positive on the solenoid and tractor started right up!

So, I replaced the whole cable, tightened everything, tractor started right up! Within 10 minutes of running tractor, the tractor dies, and again won't crank. This time, though each time I turn the key, it makes one click. I tried my jumper cable trick again and nothing. Just a click when I turn the key.

What do I do now???

Thanks in advance for your help!

/ Jinma 254 Starter/solenoid?? Need Help! #2  
The solenoid is on the starter so you should have gotten a new solenoid with your new starter.

Three places to look: 1. Ground connection for the battery, make sure it's clean and shiny. 2. The clutch safety interlock switch, it has to be pushed for electricity to reach the starter. They are exposed and have a tendency to get banged up. They can also get crushed if your clutch is mis-adjusted. 3. The key switch. They have a tendency to fail. The solenoid on the Jinma draws a fair bit of current, some people think it's more than the switch can handle and recommend a relay on the solenoid (and the solenoid is a big relay so it's a relay on a relay).