How To Repair Bent Lines?

/ How To Repair Bent Lines? #1  
Tractor
Kubota L4600 4WD w/loader
I have some metal lines for power steering on an old tractor that were bent and now leaking. What is the best way to repair this without replacing the whole metal line?

lines1.jpg

lines2.jpg

Last edited:
   / How To Repair Bent Lines? #2  
I have some metal lines for power steering on an old tractor that were bent and now leaking. What is the best way to repair this without replacing the whole metal line?

View attachment 469868

View attachment 469867

With the rubber lines right there anyway, Cut back to good straight metal. Put on a flare fitting if your equipped, or a compression fitting if not.
(Doing either RIGHT is the most important part. PS runs around 1000psi rough guess)

Select fittings to get everything to hook back together. I'm saying less than $60 in parts, you might wnt a new hose assembly depending on many things. Oh, and make up a support bracket that keeps those lines out of the way ;-0

/ How To Repair Bent Lines? #3  
Agreed, go flexible to hard with better placement and geometry.

/ How To Repair Bent Lines? #4  
I have used compression fitting to fix PS issues like that a few times. A 10$ tubing bender from Harbor freight, 6 feet off steel line and 4 compression fittings will be less than 40$. The cheap flaring tools from HF are not worth it.

/ How To Repair Bent Lines? #5  
Remember, you can get legit compression connectors for real hyd applications.. Ie, good for anything 1 or 2 wire is good for... Not just low pressure Hyds.

/ How To Repair Bent Lines? #6  
Clean up the spot where it leaks, and braze it...

SR

/ How To Repair Bent Lines? #7  
Replace the metal lines with hydraulic hose.

/ How To Repair Bent Lines? #8  
EAs stated, attach the flex hose to a good portion of the hard line and fabricate a proper bracket.

On the fittings go with proper hydraulic ones as stated. They will cost more.

/ How To Repair Bent Lines? #9  
If I was doing it, and wanted to keep it looking original I would get some new tube, bend it using a tube bender, and cut the old line flare it, and replace the bottom 90 or s bend on the lines using the JIC fitting like on the tractor all ready,

for fast and dirty fix take out the torch and braze them up, and keep on going,

the last way would be to get some longer hoses, and cut off the bent metal reflare and use longer rubber lines,

some depends on skil and tools, but if tool short take the lines off and take to a shop that has the tools and have them reflare and bend the parts,

/ How To Repair Bent Lines? #10  
Clean up the spot where it leaks, and braze it...

SR

looks like at least one of the lines is nearly bent in half.. that's a bad flow restriction... needs to be cut out.