Fender Damage

/ Fender Damage #11  
That's the best answer I've seen yet. I'd have a tough time saying no to mine, considering he flat out gave us the lot we are building on... 25 acres of gorgeous CT property, it'a actually about 100 acres counting land he's deeded to nature conservancy. I talked in another thread about getting his tractor fixed up for Father's day - If I could afford it I think I'd just get him a new one.

/ Fender Damage #12  
Hey Gerry - Can I borrow your tractor this weekend???

/ Fender Damage #13  
STEVE: if he gave you 25 acres then I would think that was probaly about $100,000.00 worth of loaning of tractors in my book.!

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Fender Damage #14  
In most parts of California that $100,000.00 will not get you a 8,000 square foot piece of dirt, much less acreage. Maybe you can wrap the tractor in Bubble Wrap. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Fender Damage #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hey Gerry (GERARD) - Can I borrow your tractor this weekend??? )</font>

Click.. click...... BANG /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Fender Damage #16  
Rent him a dozer. It's cheaper than the $1000 plus for two fenders and he just might find out he likes the dozer enough to rent one the next time he has a job like this.

The trouble with a person using your tractor and doing damage on the outside is that you have to wonder if he didn't do more damage on the inside where you can't see it. Of course, you probably already figured this out.

I think you need to have a heart-to-heart talk with him about how you want to keep your tractor, but if he is using it as the wrong tool for the job, maybe you can help him get the right tool and keep peace in the family. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Fender Damage #17  
Lets hope the F-I-L doesn't know about this forum! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Fender Damage #19  
Kenne_can

Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't think can add anything that others have said. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Does the _can mean your from Canada. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

That may be why the prices are so high. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Fender Damage
Thanks All for the replies and a few answers. My friends call me Kenne_can because of the can do spirit i.e. "if anybody can Kenne can." Ha Ha
Yes, My FIL and I, have each used each other's tractors and other tools. My philosophy has always been to return tools or anything borrowed in better shape than received. Like a lot of you guys I pride myself on being a trustworthy person. I'll keep you'll posted on how this thing plays out and hopefully somebody can gain from this experience. I don&#8217;t have pictures, I needed to repair the same day but will post with future posts.
Kenne