problem with knotting

/ problem with knotting #1  

dmkj

Tractor
ford
I have an old NH hayliner baler-one side isn't tying well-misses a bale like every 5 on only one side-usually works great as long as I put new twine in-I did that and having issue-any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

/ problem with knotting #2  
Are the knotters and billhooks rusty? Sometimes just spraying some PB or similar on them will work wonders. Since this is simple to do you should try it first

/ problem with knotting #3  
I have a NH Hayliner 316. The only time mine has problems like you describe is when I go to fast.

/ problem with knotting #4  
Describe the condition of the missed knot: no knot, twine broken near a formed knot, knot in one side of the twine, etc.

It could be many things. Check tension coming out of the twine box. Ought to be about 10 lbs per. Check tension in twine holder: same retention force. check for play in the tucker fingers: do they clear the needles by just a small space?. Check wiper arm knot scraping force. It also could be worn balls on the end of the wiper arm. That's why it misses every so often: the ball rotates a bit after each knot. (Make sure the balls can be rotated. Otherwise they will be flatsplotted).