2" PTO Yokes, U-Joints, where can you buy?

/ 2" PTO Yokes, U-Joints, where can you buy? #1  

Ehanson

Silver Member
Tractor
S373-D
Hi , I would like to replace the front pto shaft driving my hyd pump for a FEL. The swing is 2 inches or 2" across the u-joints.
If I could find two sets of yokes with u-joints I could manufacture myself boring or making the yokes fit 9/16" pump shaft and front crank stub shaft.
The smallest u-joint I can find here is 2.5" series 1000, just slightly too large to fit under the rad tank.
It is on a little 17 HP Satoh Mitsi tractor.
Does any one know where to purchase these yokes/u-joints?
Thank you

/ 2" PTO Yokes, U-Joints, where can you buy? #2  
I have found some at Tractor Supply but I have also made up custom shafts out of old ATV axles...

/ 2" PTO Yokes, U-Joints, where can you buy? #3  
Do you not have room to go to a larger joint.....if you are buying yokes and all? Going from a 2" joint (across the caps) to 2.5" joint is only 0.5" diameter difference. Thats only gonna lessen the clearance around the joint by ~1/4". Maybe a tad more if the yoke is heavier too.

/ 2" PTO Yokes, U-Joints, where can you buy?
Do you not have room to go to a larger joint.....if you are buying yokes and all? Going from a 2" joint (across the caps) to 2.5" joint is only 0.5" diameter difference. Thats only gonna lessen the clearance around the joint by ~1/4". Maybe a tad more if the yoke is heavier too.

I think I got it!, Rummaging around the junk pile I came across an old "Caterpillar" u joint used in the power control of a 14 Motorgrader, it measures just over 2" across, 8D1508 is its part number, I am using that.