Shibaru SD2200 3 point arm spline shaft

/ Shibaru SD2200 3 point arm spline shaft #1  

Double_Clutch

Tractor
Shibaru SD 2200
The finish mower will not roll on it's own wheels at the lowest wheel setting when the 3 point is all the way down but this is where I need to mow. With the mower on it's wheels and the 3 point full down, the leveling screw on the RH arm has insufficient engagement. Since up travel of the arms is more than enough, can the arms be re-indexed a couples of notches "down" on the spline shaft, i.e. is the spline uniform or is there a master spline that only allows one indexing? I'd rather not fight the arm off the shaft to find it only goes on one way! Anyone been down this road before?

/ Shibaru SD2200 3 point arm spline shaft #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...the 3 point is all the way down but this is where I need to mow. )</font>

An easy way to accomplish limiting how far down your arms go is by using a chain from your toplink down to your lift-arm pin. Essentially it's a checkchain that will only allow the arms to go down so far, but will allow the mower to move upward with the terrain (see attachment). I think you might be able to find a set for sale somewhere, but with just a little effort, you could build a custom set for yourself. This would save your having to mess with your lift arms and would ensure they stayed at the factory setting.

Attachments

• 406313-CutterHookup.JPG
    406313-CutterHookup.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 625
   / Shibaru SD2200 3 point arm spline shaft
Yes, the checkchain idea is a good simple solution to limiting mower downward travel. But my problem is getting all 4 mower wheels on the ground with the 3 point hitch lowered all the way down and with all adjustments at max down travel. Now, they just won't touch, lacking about 2 inches. Therefore, the idea of re-indexing of the lift arms on the spline shaft to a more downward position.

/ Shibaru SD2200 3 point arm spline shaft #4  
Double Clutch

I don't have experience with the tractor you have, but I looked it up in the service manual for the Ford 1920/2120 made by Shibaru since I know there many similarities. It appears from the manual at least that you can reindex the arms as it tells you to scribe the crossshaft and arms when you take them apart so they can be returned to the same spot. I would just make sure they don't hit anything thru there full range of motion.

Andy

/ Shibaru SD2200 3 point arm spline shaft #5  
Oops! Now I understand the problem. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I think your idea of re-indexing should probably work. Another solution would be to add a flat piece of bar-stock, drilled on both ends to the bottom of your link-arms fork to the lift arm. You could put the pieces in only when you were mowing and remove it for other implements.

The instructions in my Repair Manual for a New Holland say the same thing as AndyMA mentioned. It makes it sound so simple by saying, "Remove the arms using the appropriate puller." I suspect it may take a little more effort than that implies to get the arms off. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, my link-forks and lower arms have several holes for adjusting the height. Do you have yours in the holes that give the lowest possible height? I know...probably a silly question. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Good luck with your "project."