Shuttle shift fork access and repair? Help Please!

/ Shuttle shift fork access and repair? Help Please! #1  

DiskDoctr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510
I'm looking to inspect/remove/repair the shuttle gear fork but have never done one of these. Here is a diagram.

ShifterCable.png

Item 13 moves until it stops in both directions. I've adjusted the shift cable several times, even did some grinding on the top handle to allow the shifter more travel.

Temporary fixes. When in gear "all the way" it stays in and doesn't miss a beat. But it doesn't seem to be going in all the way.

Pretty sure the fork (#10) is worn, slipping, bent, liquified, or on fire! No idea, but it seems that if I remove Plate #1, I can access the area to inspect.

I do have a 5.5mm USB flex camera to use. Just not sure WHAT to look for?

I'm hoping it will be obvious and not involve a bunch of marbles in the bottom of the case :eek:

TIPS and SUGGESTIONS, PICS, and well-wishes are very welcomed, please!

Thanks!

Oh- I can take pics as I go, if anyone is interested?

/ Shuttle shift fork access and repair? Help Please! #2  
The issue I see is that to replace the fork the shafter will need to be removed and will have to slide most if not all the way out of the case. The picture you provided 8s not detailed enough to see what else will need to be removed yo accomplish this. The other possibility is he link that engages the fork beeing worn, the would be a fairly easy fix from the look of it. I would remove the cover and attempt to determine which part is worn/damaged. Additional possibilities include worn dog teeth on the shift sleeve or gears let's hope that is not it! :eek:

Paul

/ Shuttle shift fork access and repair? Help Please!
Thank you for replying Madamos :)

You say the shaft would have to be removed to replace the fork? Sorry, but I really don't have a good idea what it's going to look like until I get in there...new to me.

Maybe this zoomed drawing will help? I'm suspecting Group 10. See the fork? Maybe?

ShuttleShift.png

Sorry, not sure why the forum is making all my pics REALLY small? Hopefully it will open bigger.

/ Shuttle shift fork access and repair? Help Please!
Found crappy weld inside the inspection plate. Going to fabricate a different setup and reweld.

ShuttleClutchLinkage_FailedPart.jpg

ShuttleClutchLinkage.jpg