John Deere 4110 LVA800157 Oil Tube Replacement

/ John Deere 4110 LVA800157 Oil Tube Replacement #1  

mthiel117

Tractor
John Deere 4110
I have a JD 4110H (Hydrostatic) and had a Oil Tube line crack this weekend. The clear fluid is coming from the a cracked Oil Tube line, part# LVA800157. The loss of the fluid has made the steering wheel free spin with no steering action. Is this normal if all the fluid runs out? If I replace the Oil Tube and refill will the steering automatically begin working again?

What kind of fluid runs through this line?

Are there any special instructions for replacing a line like this?

Thanks ahead of time.

--Mark

/ John Deere 4110 LVA800157 Oil Tube Replacement #2  
should not be any trouble, don't lose the sealing rings (2) on the banjo bolt in the rear, don't over tighten the bolt, just tighten firmly.
Refill with Deere Low-viscosity hydraulic fluid, crank tractor, turn the wheel slowly fully lock to lock a couple of times to get all the air out. Check connections for leaks.
and you are in business. I would re-check the fluid level after a bit of operation.

If you would like it I have a PDF of the Technical manual that you're welcome to. If wanted shoot me your email

Joe

/ John Deere 4110 LVA800157 Oil Tube Replacement
Thanks Joe. I will send you me my email.

/ John Deere 4110 LVA800157 Oil Tube Replacement #4  
should not be any trouble, don't lose the sealing rings (2) on the banjo bolt in the rear, don't over tighten the bolt, just tighten firmly.
Refill with Deere Low-viscosity hydraulic fluid, crank tractor, turn the wheel slowly fully lock to lock a couple of times to get all the air out. Check connections for leaks.
and you are in business. I would re-check the fluid level after a bit of operation.

If you would like it I have a PDF of the Technical manual that you're welcome to. If wanted shoot me your email

Joe
Hi there, I’m about 7 years late to the party, but I’m trying to change my oil tube LVA800157 on my 1998 JD 4100. Changing the tube out I’m struggling with where the tube goes over a large bolt right around the middle on the underside of the tractor. The tube has a bunch of bends in it and I can’t snake the old tube out or the new one in. Wondering if I need to remove that bolt or if I’m missing something. Thanks if you’re still on here and have any suggestions.

Attachments

• B60CDA43-F835-4D32-987C-8B35267490F3.jpeg
    B60CDA43-F835-4D32-987C-8B35267490F3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
   / John Deere 4110 LVA800157 Oil Tube Replacement #5  
It would appear that you are correct and the bolt is going to have to come out, never had the pleasure of this repair, maybe someone will speak up who has