Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tractor
    Kubota B1700HST

Default Re: B2400 Front Spindle Assembly

The right front lower axle housing was coated with and dripping oil. I only noticed it when the snow finally melted and I could see the drops on the ground. During the winter the front hubs would get warm and melt any accumulated snow, thus appearing wet (or ice covered) all the time. The dripping oil would melt through the snow and then get covered up by the next snow fall.
    There was no evidence of the problem during operation.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    L3700SU

That's somewhat similar to how I found my leak. I could only see the slight trickle of oil when it fell on the garage floor. In the snow, it just disappeared from view.

And of course, this is one more reason I need a bigger garage. "Oh wifey-pooh, can I have a bigger garage...PLEASE" [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota B1700HST

I suspect my leak was mostly caused by the large hole and terraces I'm excavating in my backyard hill which will accommodate my future garage! It's amazing how much soil my little tractor will move over a few years at 5 cubic feet per bucket load. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Warren

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    L3700SU

I did something like that too; but twice. I figure I put 200 hours in the saddle just moving sand around.

The first job was at the old house for a 30x50 barn. I had to dig into the hillside in order to get enough floorspace. The second job was to remove a 40x80x4 hill in the backyard in order to make the yard more useable. We plan to install a garden and fruit trees.

I think I'll create a new maintanance policy: hose down the tractor each time I'm finished digging for the day. Maybe that will help keep the sand out of the gizmos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12