Anouther problem with hitch pin

/ Anouther problem with hitch pin #21  
I would also agree with the "too long" idea. You should try to get a pin which is just long enough to get through and get the keeper in it. This will help prevent it from pounding into the ground or a rock (with great force), causing your current problems. Slipping a large washer on before the keeper also helps everything work smoothly.

/ Anouther problem with hitch pin #22  
Might take a look at these
RueRings

Wow........$100 minimum order /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Anouther problem with hitch pin #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wow........$100 minimum order )</font>

Don't you hate it when they have those "minimum orders"? I've been searching for a month for a new thermocouple for my multimeter, never did find one locally, finally found one on the Internet for $13, but a "minimum order" of $50. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Finally Friday, on the Internet, I found a company in California that sells them for $9.95 plus $9 S&H and ordered it (of course it won't take $.50 in postage to mail it). /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Anouther problem with hitch pin #24  
If I had an implement that kept costing me big bucks to repair because the hitch pin kept falling out I would get a big cotter pin and bend it over once it was inserted in the hole. Let's see that one work loose. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Cheap insurance!

/ Anouther problem with hitch pin #25  
Those are available at TSC. I'm looking for something that will stay. Every clip I've tried so far has been ripped out. I've lost them plowing snow, I lose them cutting grass. I have taken to double nutting smooth shank bolts. That's a pain, but so far it's the only thing that works. I need to come up with something that doesn't get yanked out all the time. Including cotter pins! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Anouther problem with hitch pin #26  
Try this.. I learned it from my NH dealer.. He takes a pin the same size as the lynch pins, only the type that are used with cotter keys, and instead puts a keychain style key ring thru them.. that way they can't be pulled out.. BUT you can remove them by hand.. unlike a cotter key... you just spread and thread the key ring off..

I originally saw these setup like this on the pins holding my lower 3pt lift arms onto my NH 1920.. the pins are in an exposed area that brush can rip them out. The dealer's mechanic said he got tired of fixin warranty repairs because a 19 cent pin got pulled out.. says he's never had the split style ring keychain come off one of those pins.

Hope it helps..

Soundguy

/ Anouther problem with hitch pin #27  
Those work good. That's the same style that came on my ROPS. It's a bit more of a pain to remove but limbs and sticks won't jerk them out.

/ Anouther problem with hitch pin #28  
The split ring is what New Holland used on the bottom pins for the 3-point lift on my TC-40D. I haven't ripped them out with brush as of yet.

/ Anouther problem with hitch pin #29  
Split rings are what are used on a NH MMM for the height adjustments. I may convert everything I can to those.

/ Anouther problem with hitch pin #30  
What a great idea! I'm with Inspector on this! All the clips will be replaced ASAP! Thanks for that!!!