Straightening out an OOPS !

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #11  
In our area, there are many places to rent those portable small oxy-acetylene torch kits. They are small enough to be carried in one hand and provide the same heat as a larger setup only for less time.

Andy

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You could probaly straighten it out by putting it under your tractor.)</font>

When I bent a few things out of shape I bought a 20T hydraulic press
from HF. Much cheaper than replacing the distorted parts and a tool
I was planning to buy anyway.

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( need to find a gas axe with )</font>

I love it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm 'collecting' aka's for torches... and I've got to steal that one.. never heard it before.

So far I'v heard:

smoke wrench
heat wrench
hot wrench
and now.. gas axe...

Anyone got any more?

Soundguy

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #14  
Blue nosed wrench

Kentucky speed wrench

Alabama monkey wrench

Junkyard wrench

Lazy man's blue-tipped wrench

Fire breathing quick wrench

No offence intended to the residents of the above mentioned states, I didn't name them, I'm just repeating them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Straightening out an OOPS !
Thanks for the replies and ideas ! John

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( PS the price of scrap steel is getting high , so I may have something of value
)</font>

HATE TO BUST YOUR BUBBLE! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but according to the paper the price of scrap is dropping /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif serious tho it should not be that hard to straighten

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #17  
Red Wrench is how I have heard it referred too.

Just a note, you cannot run a rosebud on a small Acetylene tank. The size of the rosebud will determine the size tank that is required to adequately pull the acetylene out of suspension to keep up with the flow.

Or in short, big rosebud, small tank, bad things happen.

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #18  
my father was telling me once how him and a friend had to bend some big I beams once for building a trailer and they got a huge rosebud tip and had to hook together 2 acetylene tanks to get enough gas to use it

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #19  
One think I use when I need a lot of heat to bend something is a Lincoln Carbon Arc Torch. It is just a cheap, I think $40 attachment for any ac arc welder. It creates a soft, rather large 6500 degree F flame. wonderful for heating things to bend. No gas required.

Andy

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #20  
If you are going to use a Lincoln Carbon Arc Torch then you do need to watch the duty cycle of your welder. 10 to 15 minutes of use is about all you should expect to see without overheating the transformer. Further use without resting the welder can cause damage to the windings. Work fast......