HELP with FORD 4011 Wirering Please

/ HELP with FORD 4011 Wirering Please #1  

SuperA

Bronze Member
Tractor
FORD 4110 LCG , International 300 Utility, Farmall Super A, Farmall Cub
1972 FORD 4011 LCG Tractor : I am looking to install a New IGNITION switch and Repair / Replace the whole wiring Harness which has been abandoned and taped up by the previous owner for reasons unknown, lot of Taping Up of wires.... I have looked on Steiners for a Replacement Harness and can't seem to locate the right one,*** I am NEW to FORDS***
I have made my own wire harnesses before for many IH Farmalls , fairly simple to do but this one is a little different , different Genny & Regulator as well as Key Switch, which I'm NOT familiar with, and so I just want to be sure I'm not gonna FRY something. PLease see the Pics and Video Link Below for a up close look at what I'm dealing with.
The Generator has only 2 Prongs, 2nd Pic Hard to See But Trust Me Just 2, and BOTH are Unmarked, The Wire Harness ciming from the Genny has a 7 PIN Plug in Connector?? As Does my New Ignition Switch Coinsodence?? And the Regulator is a 6 Pin I have looked at Many Scematics on Line and Can NOT locate ANY with this 7 PIN PLUG or this exact Genny Anywhere at all ... Most Genny Scematics I found were for 6 Volt Positive Ground, Most 12 Volt I found were for Alternator systems, Could this 7 pin harness be wrong? could it of been added by someone?? I just don't know but I am at a loss here.
Anyway, Any and all Help would be GREATLY appreciated. I want to get everything working again but DON'T really care about the IDIOT lights, as I plan on installing Gauges and don't need the fuel gauge either.
Hopefully the attached Photos and Video will Help Solve this Mess.
Thanks Guys, DanO'

FORD 4011 Tractor Wiring Part 1 - YouTube

Attachments

• DSCN3334 (2).jpg
    DSCN3334 (2).jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 130
  • DSCN3333 (2).jpg
    DSCN3333 (2).jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 96
  • DSCN3335 (2).jpg
    DSCN3335 (2).jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 80
  • DSCN3336 (2).jpg
    DSCN3336 (2).jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 90
  • DSCN3337 (2).jpg
    DSCN3337 (2).jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
   / HELP with FORD 4011 Wirering Please #2  
Not going to be able to help much but the 7 pin plug accepts all the wires from the motor compartment. The other end (Female) accepts the wires from the instrument panel (Cluster). If you need to seperate the tractor, that makes it easy to just unplug the front from the back part. It's usually connected under the shroud covering the fuel tank.

The ford wiring, except the voltage reg, is the cluster is fed hot and one wire from the oil sender, one wire from the temp gauge and one wire from the fuel sender (All - grounds) go to one side of their corresponding guage or light on the cluster.

This is about as far as I can help because I've never heard of a 4011 Ford. Try and find out exactly what model you have and maybe I can help find you a diagram. More than likely you can go online and find any 3 cyl ford diagram and use that.

/ HELP with FORD 4011 Wirering Please
Thank You Very Much for Responding Steave and for your Wise Advice. The 7 Pin Plug making for ease of electrical disconnect splitting the tractor for repairs makes all the sence in the world. I never thought of that. Anyway, As you can see in the attached Video I found the needed scematics and so decided to just do my own wire harness. The 4011 LCG Tractor, I'm finding out, is an Industrial Commercial model and so I discovered that some things were just slightly different in many aspects to the Regular 4000

1972 FORD 4011 WIRING, LIGHTS & KEY SWITCH - YouTube

/ HELP with FORD 4011 Wirering Please #4  
Glad you got her going. Did you get the flasher unit at a parts house for the safety lights. I have to drive on the road for a short distance and used to use a magnetic mount flashing light until it fell off under the rotarty cutter. Ugh I don't have it anymore.:). I need to mount some like you have but the flasher units I've tried were too slow flashing for me. I guess they'd be alright but faster flashes to me gets your attention quicker. Good luck with your old ford. My 3000 is fifty years old this year and still kicking.

/ HELP with FORD 4011 Wirering Please
This is the Flasher Unit I Used. Got it on EBAY for $7.49 Free Shipping.. I was told by a mechanic friend that because it was designed for a LOT of Lights and I'm only hooking up 2 lights that it would be FAST BLINKING... As Seen in video , He was Right. I'm Happy with it.

CEC EF40 12-Volt 35-Amp 16-Lamp Variable Load 2 PIN DOT HD Truck Flasher

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 60
   / HELP with FORD 4011 Wirering Please #6  
Got one coming, thanks.

/ HELP with FORD 4011 Wirering Please #7  
What may be throwing you off (and me) on the parts for your tractor it's not a 4011 as I mentioned above. If you check closely you'll find it's a 4110 Industrial instead. All 4011 were utility tractors with 6 cyl diesel. The 4110 you have has the 3 cyl gas. This is a lot of tractor in a small package it's over 60 hp. When you get into the brakes and have to order something you'll need the correct model. There are a lot of interchangable parts like the starter but a lot that is not. Go to the link and this may help about some info on the tractor. Make sure you find the Industrial Tractor list after you click on Ford.

TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors