Case 105u overheating issues

/ Case 105u overheating issues #1  

banditman

Tractor
john deere
I have been running a case 105u mowing some hay with a small mower and it overheats constantly. I constantly clean out the radiator and it makes a small difference but not for long and the radiator is full of coolant. Is there anything i can do to make it run way cooler? The coolant in the radiator is purple what does that mean? Additives? Maybe take the hood off to get better air flow to the engine? Is there a better type of coolant i could use?

/ Case 105u overheating issues #2  
How are you cleaning out the radiator fins? Lots of folks have tried using air and think they're getting them clean, but they're only getting them partially clean. You can actually buy foaming spray cleaner that does a nice job with low pressure hose water. Most places like Home Depot or Lowe's carry it...worth a try.

I'd also check that the fan belt isn't slipping. If the radiator fins are clear, the fan belt isn't slipping, the radiator is full of coolant and you're still having overheating problems, it's time to look deeper to find out what's causing the excess heat, because it shouldn't be a problem. A cracked head can do that, but you'll usually see the signs in the coolant and/or oil. Have you considered doing a coolant flush? It's possible some small passages are blocked, but unlikely given that the 105U can't be much more than about 7 years old.