Hydrostatic question

/ Hydrostatic question #1  

Hinomotoman

Gold Member
Tractor
LS R3039, Hinomoto E2604, Hinomoto N239, Case IH 1140, White Field Boss 31
I have a Mitsubishi built Case IH 1140. When I bring the tractor up to operating temperature and pull the trans dipstick there is a release of either pressure or vacuum. I can't tell which. Is this normal for a hydro or should I drill a vent hole in the fill cap?

Eugene

/ Hydrostatic question #2  
I have a Mitsubishi built Case IH 1140. When I bring the tractor up to operating temperature and pull the trans dipstick there is a release of either pressure or vacuum. I can't tell which. Is this normal for a hydro or should I drill a vent hole in the fill cap?

Eugene
could leave it alone and have less condensation inside the transmission .

/ Hydrostatic question #3  
If there is a pressure/vacuum issue, you'll start blowing out seals & leaking fluid. There should be a breather somewhere & I bet it's plugged. Look under the seat they often hide under there.

/ Hydrostatic question #4  
If there is a pressure/vacuum issue, you'll start blowing out seals & leaking fluid. There should be a breather somewhere & I bet it's plugged. Look under the seat they often hide under there.

My first thought too. If you have a loader, I can't see how it would not have blown out when you lower the loader rapidly, but I have never seen a tractor transmission, hydro or gear that wasn't vented.

/ Hydrostatic question #5  
Take a carefull look at the filler bung. It may have a built in vent.

/ Hydrostatic question #6  
Take a carefull look at the filler bung. It may have a built in vent.

That is what the Kioti's have. Most of the Kubota's seem to be under the seat. I can't speak to other brands.

/ Hydrostatic question
Thanks guys. I'll check for a vent this weekend. No loader. There is an axle housing seal leaking pretty bad.

Eugene

/ Hydrostatic question #8  
X4 on the vent. My JD855 has a curved tube under the seat right by the fill cap. It was clogged tight. Fortunately mine had a 1/8" pipe thread and could be removed for cleaning. If I removed my dipstick with it hot it would blow fluid out at me and I could hear it hissing through a seal when I parked it. Cleaning the vent tube out fixed it.