Need help with Dad's tractor - Ford 3610

/ Need help with Dad's tractor - Ford 3610 #1  

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
While mowing with my Dad's Ford 3610 the left from tire turned the wrong way. When I lifted the tire off the ground with the FEL the tire fell off. Is this called the spindle axle assembly? How do I go about repairing it?

Attachments

• ford 3610.jpg
    ford 3610.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 562
   / Need help with Dad's tractor - Ford 3610 #2  
   / Need help with Dad's tractor - Ford 3610 #3  
Same thing happened to our 3910. Replace the spindle. I also got new bearings and bushings at the time. Hardest part is removing the steering arm from the broken off piece of spindle.

/ Need help with Dad's tractor - Ford 3610

Attachments

• spindle1.jpg
    spindle1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 197
  • spindle2.jpg
    spindle2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
   / Need help with Dad's tractor - Ford 3610 #5  
We had that happen to our Jubilee and we had it welded and turned down on a lathe. Done remember what it cost, it was many moons ago. Hope it goes well. Ed

/ Need help with Dad's tractor - Ford 3610
Same thing happened to our 3910. Replace the spindle. I also got new bearings and bushings at the time. Hardest part is removing the steering arm from the broken off piece of spindle.

That is exactly right.

/ Need help with Dad's tractor - Ford 3610 #7  
That's a pretty hefty shaft to break in 2 like that. Wonder what caused it?

/ Need help with Dad's tractor - Ford 3610 #9  
I just made that same repair to a Ford 3600. Pretty easy, the hardest thing was jacking up the tractor with a loader on the front. Learn how to check/adjust wheel bearing play. It will save you issues down the road.

/ Need help with Dad's tractor - Ford 3610 #10  
That's a pretty hefty shaft to break in 2 like that. Wonder what caused it?

Hint..."Made in China"

The original OEM spindle was probably US/UK made. I have repaired a few of those in the last few years and most aftermarket spindles were made in China or India.