Need a replacement "wall flange" like this

/ Need a replacement "wall flange" like this #1  

JRobyn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330HST
This is actually a wall mounting flange for a closet hanging rod. About 2" x 1-1/2". I need one extra and the manufacturer doesn't sell this part individually, only sells the whole rod/mount. Can anyone think of something similar? All it needs is a 3/8" hole in the center, enough of a "dimple" around the hole to recess the head of a 3/8x16 screw, and the flat flange to anchor down to the wall.

I've seen almost identical "leg mounting flanges" at NSF shelving supply places, but they are about 3" to 4" square.

IMG_0354 (768x1024).jpg

Last edited:
   / Need a replacement "wall flange" like this #2  
If you mean one of these, try your local hardware store.

closet rod socket

Bruce

/ Need a replacement "wall flange" like this
Thanks Bruce, I've seen all of those - not a single one has the ability to take a 3/8x16 screw in the center like I need to thread into the rod insert. The wall end of the rod has to be solidly attached to the wall flange because the opposite end is pretty unrestrained (hanging).

I thought about using one of those that has a collar all around the rod with a setscrew. But so far I haven't found one that will fit my 1" diameter rod.

/ Need a replacement "wall flange" like this #4  
There is one of those that might be PERFECT! Unfortunately, the web vendor has multiple photos of them, some of the photos show a style that won't work. I've sent them a question.

I need a plain hole in the center to fit a 3/8x16 screw. These are threaded for a standard table leg hanger bolt (5/16x18), but I should be easily able to just drill the threaded hole out to 3/8".

41Z45eXd6fL.jpg

These won't work.

61HWjYX5YxL.jpg

Thanks again Bruce - vendor confirms that they are stocking and selling the "right" style for me. Just ordered 4. And I WILL use a screw just like that with these little "plates", chim, after I drill out the hole to 3/8"; thanks!

/ Need a replacement "wall flange" like this #8  
Make one... Take a flat steel plate. Place it over a socket, pipe nipple, or such of the correct diameter and hammer it with a ball peen. Heat it if you want easy ... Then drill it as you wish. You'll have to turn it over and hammer the flange to get it flat again.