John Deere 2305 Won't start

/ John Deere 2305 Won't start #1  

BoomerTractor

Tractor
John Deere 2305
I have a JD2305 that won't start. It died last week when using it, which appeared to be a bad battery. I replaced the battery and it started fine. Used it again yesterday and all was well for a while. Shut it off at one point and it now won't start. When I turn it to the on position the dash lights com on and I can hear the glow plugs buzz and click ready. When I turn the key there is a "pop" then the dash lights all go out and I get nothing. If I wait a while I can repeat this process. I checked all of the fuses (Main system 40A & 4 smaller fuses). PTO is off & not in gear. Any ideas?

/ John Deere 2305 Won't start #2  
Charge the battery and see if that gets in going. Is the charge light on? Sounds like you may have a charging problem or a major current leakage.

/ John Deere 2305 Won't start #3  
Check four ends of two big battery cables for clean and tight. Sounds like a almost-failed connection.
Jim

/ John Deere 2305 Won't start
Check four ends of two big battery cables for clean and tight. Sounds like a almost-failed connection.
Jim

Thanks Jim, the four cable ends were clean and tight, so I kept going. It turned out that the ground wire from the engine block to the frame was not making a good connection. After I cleaned that it started right up!