MF 165 3 point lift trouble

/ MF 165 3 point lift trouble #1  

Roy B

Tractor
MF135 3 cyl Perkins
Hi, I have a MF 165 I just got. It has a fel that works off the tractor hydraulics, and one set of remotes. there are 2 spool valves in front of the seat, one for the remotes, the other lets you choose between the loader and the 3ph. The problem is, when using the 3ph the position lever does nothing, but if you move the draft control at all the lift drops all the way down, fast. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? Thanks.

/ MF 165 3 point lift trouble #2  
On mine the two levers in front of the seat are for the front loader (w/mechanical dump) and the other is for the three point hitch. The three point hitch control on the right hand side do nothing.

Attachments

• MFHYD.jpg
    MFHYD.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 429
   / MF 165 3 point lift trouble
My levers don't look quite like those, I will try to post a pic when I get a chance. My left lever goes forward to let you use the loader and back engages the 3 point lift. It is a 3 position lever. Maybe I am missing something, but I can't figure it out. If I pull it back, the lift goes all the way up really fast, if I move the draft control it drops really fast, like its all or nothing. I wish I had tried it out better before I bought it.

IMG_20160817_132245297_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160817_132219984.jpg

IMG_20160817_132236150.jpg

/ MF 165 3 point lift trouble #5  
I think you may just need to figure out how the hyd's work. There were a few different valves for aux. hyd's. Why are your draft and position controls half way down? Draft will drop in any position other than all the way back. Position control won't work if the draft control isn't all the way up but draft control will work with the position control less than all the way up. This is how you set the lift height on the 3pt. You don't have to lift all the way up but for aux. hyd's to work the draft control has to be all the way up and the position control all the way up and then pushed over to clear the normal stop and pushed even further back into constant pumping position. It seems a little complicated at first but makes sense once you figure it out.

/ MF 165 3 point lift trouble #6  
So far, I've seldom used the 3pt hitch on my 261. This info might cross over and help me figure it out. I'll be watching.

The controls are like that from where I was messing with them. If I leave the draft control all the way up, the position lever doesn't do anything. In other words the lift stays all the way up no matter where I move it. I have to move the draft to get the lift to lower at all. Its like the position lever isn't even hooked up. It has brand new fluid and filter, even cleaned the screen out. With the lift all the way up the hyd's for the loader work fine, and the other aux hyd seems to work ok.