Kubota L3430 Hydrostat issues. Debris in the hydro line?

/ Kubota L3430 Hydrostat issues. Debris in the hydro line? #1  

Fesntkilr

Tractor
Kubota L3430
I probably should have searched for an existing thread so my apologies in advance. Don't hate on the newbee :thumbsup:

So here is the deal, I recently purchased a 2004 Kubota L3430 that starts and runs great, bucket and 3 pt work excellent however the hydrostat just limps along with no power.

Here is the backstory. This tractor was owned by an older (relatively speaking) couple and the told me one of the hydro lines broke near the hydro cooler. They replaced the line, changed the fluid and then the hydrostat would not work properly so they just decided to sell it. Overall the tractor is real cherry looking, as if it spent most of it's life in a hobby farm shed.

I recently purchased an entire filter set for it and in the next few days will change out all fluid and filters. **Hopefully** the hydrostat issue is just some crud on one of the lines.....or.....perhaps...it could be something more sinister (cue scary music now)...or maybe air in the lines? What should I check. Oh, and YES, I already checked hydro fluid and it is full.

Any advice from you Tractor Whisperers out there would be greatly appreciated.