Submerged Case 245 diesel question

/ Submerged Case 245 diesel question #1  

balsam287

Tractor
Case 245 diesel
Our Case 245 diesel tractor was submerged in freshwater lake for 20 minutes. Followed steps to drain water, replaced oil, air filter etc.
Tractor starts but no gears. Any suggestions appreciated.

/ Submerged Case 245 diesel question #2  
Need more info- is it hydo or mechanical?
Did you drain trans?
How long since sunk?

/ Submerged Case 245 diesel question
Need more info- is it hydo or mechanical?
Did you drain trans?
How long since sunk?

Mechanical.
Yes did drain transmission.
One week ago.
Thank you.

/ Submerged Case 245 diesel question #4  
Did you drain the bell housing where the clutch is? Sometimes they have a drain plug also, not sure on a case.

/ Submerged Case 245 diesel question #5  
Does the clutch pedal feel like it has the normal amount of resistance for the entire range of travel? If the pedal is now really easy to press toward the top of its range of travel, perhaps the release bearing is stuck on the shaft that it slides back and forth on so that it is still pressing against the pressure plate fingers.

Did you drain the bell housing where the clutch is? Sometimes they have a drain plug also, not sure on a case.

Could not find a drain but adjusted clutch. Gears working now. Thank you ds much for your help.

Does the clutch pedal feel like it has the normal amount of resistance for the entire range of travel? If the pedal is now really easy to press toward the top of its range of travel, perhaps the release bearing is stuck on the shaft that it slides back and forth on so that it is still pressing against the pressure plate fingers.
Thank you so much for your help. It was the clutch. Adjusted it and gears working now.

/ Submerged Case 245 diesel question #8  
Our Case 245 diesel tractor was submerged in freshwater lake for 20 minutes. Followed steps to drain water, replaced oil, air filter etc.
Tractor starts but no gears. Any suggestions appreciated.

You probably want to make certain that you have changed the oil in the Differential and Transmission as they have water in them as well. I don't know about that particular brand/model but both may be drained from the differential drain. bjr

/ Submerged Case 245 diesel question #9  
hats off to your little Mitsubishi made tractor; I owned the same model and loved it, gave it to my church when I bought a bigger tractor.
Never went boating with it though...
Did have to do major clutch repair/replacement after shifting rod wore and rusted, so I'd get that tractor as hot as I could and run it for awhile, cook out any moisture inside, and then frankly I'd change all those fluids again. From my experience that tractor does not like to sit in a moist environment, not like any do but this one
particularly.

hats off to your little Mitsubishi made tractor; I owned the same model and loved it, gave it to my church when I bought a bigger tractor.
Never went boating with it though...
Did have to do major clutch repair/replacement after shifting rod wore and rusted, so I'd get that tractor as hot as I could and run it for awhile, cook out any moisture inside, and then frankly I'd change all those fluids again. From my experience that tractor does not like to sit in a moist environment, not like any do but this one
particularly.
Thank you so much for passing this information along. We really appreciate it.