750 JD brake pads/drums

/ 750 JD brake pads/drums #1  

Taylortractornut

Elite Member
Tractor
3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,
I recently bought a 750 JD that needed brakes redone on it and ran into some trouble with parts. It seems that our nearset Deere dealer is more interested in hunting excuses and trying to sell a set of pads that are 4 sizes too big. We had the old shoes relined but they had cracks in the liners so the dealer sent them back and got smaller liners that werent cracked but the right side cams over. The dealer says that its a hard to find Deere part and the nearest one is in New York. The dealer says its a grey market tractor but it is the same as my friends JD750. This dealer doesnt have alot on their lot and has been bought and sold a few times.

/ 750 JD brake pads/drums #2  
I order all parts for my Gator, 670, 140, and my friends 650 on the JDParts web site. The longest I've waited for a part is a week, and they are delivered to your local dealer for you to pick up. It is funny that your dealer would call a 750 "grey market".

/ 750 JD brake pads/drums #3  
Sounds like your dealer is smoking the chrome taco... My dealer gets brake pads for my 1050 within 3days. Usually one or two... Their $45 a shoe but my tractor stops. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

One tip is take the cams and the square thing on the other side out (I dunno what it's called /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif) and grease em so they don't freeze up. Also, you probably know this but there's an adjustment with the square thing. Rotate it so the taller side meets the shoes and flip the shoes over and you can get a little more life out of the old ones. Takes awhile but for $200 I have a little time. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 750 JD brake pads/drums
I looked at the drums with a dial caliper and found how much one was worn. Im gonna look on the parts web. That dealer has changed owners more times than i can count. We found a brake drum in NY i guess its on its way. I had a friend buy a 5300 at that dealer an they put the wheels on one turned out and one turned in and tried to tell him they came that way for stability.