1974 Ford 1000 injector pump rebuild and engine overhaul

/ 1974 Ford 1000 injector pump rebuild and engine overhaul #1  

Coonhunter001

Hello everyone

My '74 Ford 1000 has progressively become harder to start, and smokes until up to operating temp.
It really is due for a rebuild. With winter approaching, this might be something to do. My questions
for the forum are:

Has anyone here rebuilt their own engine/injector pump?:confused:

It seems parts for the rebuild, gasket kits and most engine-related parts are available. But finding a
supplier for the injector pump and its parts is problematic. Anyone have sources? From what I can
find out (which is precious little...) some parts are unavailable/obsolete.:mad:

This is a real little champ of a tractor. I'd hate to give up on it. Most 1000/1600 engine and tractor parts
can swap, as both are 2 cylinder. So that fact offers a modicum of hope.:mur:

Many thanks!

Mark

/ 1974 Ford 1000 injector pump rebuild and engine overhaul #2  
It's only been 11 years ago. Did you ever find a fuel injector pump for this?

/ 1974 Ford 1000 injector pump rebuild and engine overhaul #3  
07' was his JOIN DATE.. 9-15-2016 was the POST DATE..Lol
IF I had seen the post back then, I would have offered my help.. I rebuild injection pumps daily..

/ 1974 Ford 1000 injector pump rebuild and engine overhaul
Hello PumpGuySC

It took me awhile to come back to this. My little 1000 is still in need of rebuilding, and I have "babyed" it along. Blow by is hilarious.
My thoughts still are to rebuild it- in the meantime I have gathered a number of implements to use with it, including a 4' finish mower
and a 4' brush hog, boxblade and 4' tiller. A brother in law brought me a pair of wheel weights for the rear, had the front weights. So I
have all the things I'd probably ever need for my use. The pump is my only issue. The engine can go to the diesel repair class at the local
Vo-Tech, it's a 2 cylinder so not so involved.

I would welcome your advice and help. Cell for me is 918-729-2875. Leave me a voicemail with how to reach you and when, and I will call back.

Many thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Mark

/ 1974 Ford 1000 injector pump rebuild and engine overhaul
Hello OldTex0

It sometimes takes me awhile to find my breadcrumb trail lol. I still have my little 1000. Blow by is crazy now but I keep "babying it" and for some weird
reason it keeps going! I've gathered some implements and the rear wheel weights for it, and would still like to rebuild it, it suits my purpose just fine. Do
you still have your 1000?

All my best from Oklahoma

Mark

/ 1974 Ford 1000 injector pump rebuild and engine overhaul #6  
Email sent..