Diesel Run On

/ Diesel Run On #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
I have a Deutz 1011F in my machine. Deutz is known for Fuel Solenoid Shutoff Valve Failure, but generally in the "I won't start" type. What happens is I run the engine, when it gets warm if I shut it off with full throttle (turn the key off) the engine continues to run on until I throttle down to idle and that is when it shuts down.

Before I replace the Solenoid, I just want expert opinions. I was told that it could be a feedback from the cooling fan but this happens without the cooling fan (I think - probably should tripple check).

/ Diesel Run On #2  
I'm no help but am interested.

I've heard of runaway diesels before that don't **** off but his doesn't quite seem to be the same thing. (Who knows, maybe it is.)

/ Diesel Run On #3  
A run on diesel is when the engine oil feeds the motor with fuel. It's usually when a bad turbo seal, allows oil that was meant to cool the turbo, to be atomized and fed directly into the intake. They are scary things and usually results in a blown motor. The only way to stop it is buy being a quick thinker and starving the motor of air.

/ Diesel Run On #4  
A run on diesel is when the engine oil feeds the motor with fuel. It's usually when a bad turbo seal, allows oil that was meant to cool the turbo, to be atomized and fed directly into the intake. They are scary things and usually results in a blown motor. The only way to stop it is buy being a quick thinker and starving the motor of air.

and doesn't it scream at a high rpm? If memory serves me correct is pretty crazy

/ Diesel Run On
Yeah, no, this ain't that. I have seen a diesel do the crazy run on once. Didn't last long but it was cool as all heck. No, I am referring to not being able to shut the engine off. No turbo on my version of the 1011F

/ Diesel Run On #6  
I want to know why you are shutting it off with full throttle?
With any engine you should give it a cool down period. For me it is about 5 minutes at a fast idle.

/ Diesel Run On #7  
Not unusual at all for Duetz engine to have the throttle locked at operating rpms. We used to run them for years, cranked at WOT and just shut down at quitting time. Never had one keep running after shutdown, but have seen plenty of air cooled ones lose their belt and not shut down until overheated and locked down. You could let those engine cool off and use penetrating oil in the place of ether and they usually cranked back up and ran for another year or two.