MAJOR PROBLEM! Kubota L3430 Hydrostat hydrostatic drive transmission issue. HELP!

/ MAJOR PROBLEM! Kubota L3430 Hydrostat hydrostatic drive transmission issue. HELP! #1  

Fesntkilr

Tractor
Kubota L3430
I recently purchased a 2004 Kubota L3430D that starts and runs great, bucket and 3 pt work excellent however the hydrostat just limps along with very little power.

Here is the back story. This tractor was previously owned by an older (relatively speaking) couple, They told me one of the hydro lines broke near the hydro cooler. They replaced the line, changed the fluid and then the hydrostat would not work properly so they just decided to sell it. I do not know if they changed filters when they replaced hydro fluid and there are no marks showing change date. I am hoping just drain/new filters/refill will do the trick. Overall the tractor is in good cosmetic condition, as if it spent most of it's life in a hobby farm shed. I bought it cheap enough to have plenty of room to fix any issues but I want to try to fix it myself.

I recently purchased an entire Kubota filter set for it but have only got around to changing the engine oil (Shell Rotella) and filter.

**Hopefully** the hydrostat issue is simply some debris in the system and a drain and fill will clean it up (fingers crossed). Where would you guys recommend I start? Oh, and YES, I already checked hydro fluid and it is full.

Any advice from you Tractor Whisperers out there would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

/ MAJOR PROBLEM! Kubota L3430 Hydrostat hydrostatic drive transmission issue. HELP! #2  
I would do as you are doing, Then put new oil in the rear end. I would use kubota oil the 1st time around.

/ MAJOR PROBLEM! Kubota L3430 Hydrostat hydrostatic drive transmission issue. HELP! #3  
I would drain the hydro and replace with Kubota branded fluid/filters.Some after-market fluids just don't work properly in Kubota's.

/ MAJOR PROBLEM! Kubota L3430 Hydrostat hydrostatic drive transmission issue. HELP! #4  
I would drain the hydro and replace with Kubota branded fluid/filters.Some after-market fluids just don't work properly in Kubota's.

:thumbsup:

/ MAJOR PROBLEM! Kubota L3430 Hydrostat hydrostatic drive transmission issue. HELP! #5  
If I am not mistaken there is a small round screen that may be stopped up. Mine is a gst but I remember something about a small fine screen on ur model. Hope this helps.
Greg

/ MAJOR PROBLEM! Kubota L3430 Hydrostat hydrostatic drive transmission issue. HELP!
If I am not mistaken there is a small round screen that may be stopped up. Mine is a gst but I remember something about a small fine screen on ur model. Hope this helps.
Greg

What is the location of the screen you mentioned? I cant imagine a screen would filter any better than 2 screw on filters that are in the hydro system but I could be wrong.

/ MAJOR PROBLEM! Kubota L3430 Hydrostat hydrostatic drive transmission issue. HELP!
:thumbsup:
I know the scope of this thread isn't to get into a debate about the different grades/weights/viscositie variances of the Kubota HST fluid VS. other brands but do you have any first hand experiences with what you just posted? Just curious...

I would do as you are doing, Then put new oil in the rear end. I would use kubota oil the 1st time around.

Thanks for the advice and response!

/ MAJOR PROBLEM! Kubota L3430 Hydrostat hydrostatic drive transmission issue. HELP! #9  
I will look it up when I get home. I think it is there as a precleaner to catch the larger fines. I will check out my manual.

/ MAJOR PROBLEM! Kubota L3430 Hydrostat hydrostatic drive transmission issue. HELP! #10  
I spent countless hours trouble shooting a hydraulic problem and finally took to repair shop. Turned out one of the lines I had just replaced was blocked (new line). Might be worth checking.