Can I un-bend this CAT II drawbar?

/ Can I un-bend this CAT II drawbar? #11  
Shouldnt be that weak.
That's what I was thinking. It looks like a pretty heavy draw bar ( it's not an actual draw bar ) and not the typical TSC crapper.

/ Can I un-bend this CAT II drawbar? #12  
That drawbar required an impact to bend like that,
I would straighten it the same way,,, hit it with a 16 pound sledge,, it will bend back.

/ Can I un-bend this CAT II drawbar?
Lay it across 2 blocks and drive your tractor rear wheel over it, perhaps a couple of times until straight.

(Cessna landing gear are blades like that and I once straightened one that way in an emergency situation)

OK, scratch this idea. The heaviest tractor I have is 10,000 lbs and all it did was ride up and over the drawbar. I have a shop that is very reasonable and I'm going to wait until I have a bigger job and take it in then. I'll spend up to $30 to straighten it and he will likely charge $10 or so. Isn't worth rupturing myself with a 16 lb sledge and I don't have a press so no ideas. I may try that jack and chain idea when I run out of things to do or I might have a friend with a big bulldozer run over it.

Bending stuff isn't that hard; straightening it sure is.

/ Can I un-bend this CAT II drawbar? #14  
Or use it as is?

/ Can I un-bend this CAT II drawbar? #15  
Is this not really a drawbar but a make do one where the tractor does not have a real drawbar coming off the lower rear of the tractor and pointing straight back.
When I had a Ford 9N, it did not have a draw bar so I bought one like the bent bar in the first photo. It went between the two lift arms of the 3 pt. It would rotate on the end pins.

I found this type of bar dangerous as you can be pulling from a point high enough to flip the tractor over backwards.

Dave M7040

/ Can I un-bend this CAT II drawbar? #16  
Is this not really a drawbar but a make do one where the tractor does not have a real drawbar coming off the lower rear of the tractor and pointing straight back.
When I had a Ford 9N, it did not have a draw bar so I bought one like the bent bar in the first photo. It went between the two lift arms of the 3 pt. It would rotate on the end pins.

I found this type of bar dangerous as you can be pulling from a point high enough to flip the tractor over backwards.

Dave M7040

Isn't that why the Ford & Ferguson had the hitch stay bars? To keep it down?

"Stay strap" in this diagram:

3pointhitchdiagram.jpg
Bruce

/ Can I un-bend this CAT II drawbar? #17  
Use the loader to drop a ~ 100# log on it.

/ Can I un-bend this CAT II drawbar? #18  
I would think a 20 ton press would do the job in about 5 minutes.
Also wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't stick it part way into a stable piece of pipe to hold it, then take another piece of long pipe for leverage & bend it.

I've straightened a similar bar with a HF 12T press. Good excuse for the OP to buy another tool for the shop.

/ Can I un-bend this CAT II drawbar?
Use the loader to drop a ~ 100# log on it.

Not likely to work. I drove the back tire of a 10,000 lb tractor over it and it didn't even flinch. I'm going to drop some other stuff off at an Amish shop with a huge press and tell them to spend up to $30 on it. I think they'll do it for $10 or so if I give them other work. There are a very nice shop and I don't have a prayer of bending it back on my own. I could use it to move a few implements around.

/ Can I un-bend this CAT II drawbar? #20  
I'd try putting it under the rear of your tractor and using a hydraulic jack on it. Double the push of what one wheel did. But if they'll do it for $10 maybe that's the easiest.