LED bulb for Headlights ?

/ LED bulb for Headlights ? #1  

NYJIMMY

Tractor
Kubota B7500
Good morning. I have been lurking here for years and finally joined up. I have a Kubota B7500. My headlights are original/stock and I would like some more light. Can I swap out the incandescent bulbs for LED bulbs? If so, does anyone know a make and stock number that would work ? Thanks.

/ LED bulb for Headlights ? #2  
Hi. Welcome.

I don't know if LED's are up to headlight replacement yet but most on here are adding light bars to get more light in all areas.
I hope others on here can help answer the question.

/ LED bulb for Headlights ?
Thanks. I wonder if my "dynamo" would be up to running accessory lights. Plus mounting might be an issue as I have to fold down my ROPS to get the tractor in my tiny barn.

/ LED bulb for Headlights ? #4  
LED's use only a fraction of the power incandescent lights do. If you added 30 watts of LED's you would only draw 2.5 amps of power and have six times the light.

/ LED bulb for Headlights ? #5  
I do not know about your lights but most tractor lights are size "PAR 36". If you look on line you can find them for around $26 to over $150.

If you use them on the highway you may want to get DOT approved lights. LED will be brighter and less wattage. If not highway then you can get many many time brighter using less wattage.

/ LED bulb for Headlights ? #6  
If you have FEL:it blocks most of the headlights anyway.This is why most will add LED lights or light bars.
They work great by the way and don't draw much power.

/ LED bulb for Headlights ? #7  
Mr. Jimmy,

I've done a few LED and HID conversions in cars and what I see is that both LED and HID bulbs use about 1/2 the current of Halogen or incandescent bulbs. An H7 halogen bulb uses 7 amps and the HID conversion for that bulb uses 3.5 amps.

The biggest problem with LED lighting is the AC wave they put off that interferes with other circuitry.

Good luck, Fred

/ LED bulb for Headlights ? #8  
   / LED bulb for Headlights ? #9  
Hey NYJIMMY, I felt the same way about the original bulbs in my B7500. As others have mentioned, there are a lot of choices out there for LED replacement bulbs. But I bought a pair from Amazon last year and are very happy with them. I especially like the convex lens on the end. Much brighter, and a white light.
Amazon.com: LUYED 2 x 9Lumens Super Bright 1156 314 78-EX Chipsets 1156 1141 13 756 LED Bulbs Used For Back Up Reverse Lights,Brake Lights,Tail Lights,Rv lights,Xenon White: Automotive

/ LED bulb for Headlights ? #10  
I would look into color temps before making a choice. Most LED lights are a higher color (6000k and up) that gives off a white, if not slightly blueish tint. Incandescent and halogen bulbs are more of a softer yellow color with a temp down around 4000k. The yellow color produces more usable light for the same given amount of power and works better in foul weather. I personally would stick with 5000k or lower.