Belarus 250as won't go into gear

/ Belarus 250as won't go into gear #1  

69clone

Tractor
Belarus 250as
So yesterday I spent all day bush hogging, parked it for about an hour but when I went back to move the tractor it wouldn't move... If I remember correctly when I parked it it was in Forward, High, 1/2 gear. I tried to move the shifter up to make sure it was engaged in either high or low but it would not move up. We had this problem last month. It was in the same gear position even except my dad was driving the tractor when this happened. When we tore the top apart we discovered that the piece that selects 3/4 and L1/2 had slid half way into 3/4 preventing us from sliding the shifter up and I assume it is the reason we can't get it to move because its basically half way in another gear. I am just wondering if anyone has had this issue and if there is a way to prevent this? This time around I'm hoping we can just remove the cap on the side of the transmission and push the piece back into the middle. I'm just hoping this isn't going to happen every couple of hours of run time...

/ Belarus 250as won't go into gear #2  
Sorry you're having trouble. The shifting box on these tractors are usually pretty sloppy. Mine once hung out of gear when I tried to shift from high to low range. I finally kept easing it between the two until finally it started shifting again? Hasn't happened since so I've never took it apart to see what might have happened. There's a lock out mechanism somewhere that won't let the shifter work unless the clutch is depressed. I was kinda use to the old ford and you can just knock it out of gear if no pressure is on the transmission. Not with the Belarus though. Even if it's sitting still with the engine off. I guess a safety feature. Hope you get it figured out because as you know these are fix it yourself tractors and that's the way they are built. Hand full of tools to rework levers, pins, rods, bolts etc. I did have to buy a rebuild kit for the hydraulic lift cylinder and it was a whopping $23 free shipping last month. The cylinder worked fine it just leaked.

/ Belarus 250as won't go into gear
Sorry you're having trouble. The shifting box on these tractors are usually pretty sloppy. Mine once hung out of gear when I tried to shift from high to low range. I finally kept easing it between the two until finally it started shifting again? Hasn't happened since so I've never took it apart to see what might have happened. There's a lock out mechanism somewhere that won't let the shifter work unless the clutch is depressed. I was kinda use to the old ford and you can just knock it out of gear if no pressure is on the transmission. Not with the Belarus though. Even if it's sitting still with the engine off. I guess a safety feature. Hope you get it figured out because as you know these are fix it yourself tractors and that's the way they are built. Hand full of tools to rework levers, pins, rods, bolts etc. I did have to buy a rebuild kit for the hydraulic lift cylinder and it was a whopping $23 free shipping last month. The cylinder worked fine it just leaked.
Thanks yeah it's fairly straight forward. I just couldn't figure out why it happened. Everything worked when I parked it and then nothing. I could move the lever from 1/2 and 5/6 but wouldn't go up to 3/4 or H/L.
I did take a couple pictures some how the cylinder/lever that allows you to go between 3/4 and FL1/2 wasn't in the middle preventing the shifter from going up... Pushed it back into place and I was able to slide the shifter up and into every gear. Haven't driven it yet as I'm waiting for the gasket to dry hopefully it works and doesn't happen again. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

/ Belarus 250as won't go into gear #4  
I am interested in buying unwanted Belarus 250A 250AS tractors.

Ralph (731) 514-1171

/ Belarus 250as won't go into gear #5  
Fix it somehow, maybe put a stop ring on it? Where there is a will, there is a way.