Kubota BX2200 pto issues

/ Kubota BX2200 pto issues #1  

maxsanders

Tractor
BX2200 l3710
Bx 2200 with 600 hrs belly mower

recently have had grinding with application of pto to belly mower, possibly less marked at reduced throttle speed.

Quick review of the forum suggests that this is a hydraulic clutch pto, and it seems little I can do for troubleshooting or repair (other than dealer repair).

Have I overlooked something I can do for diagnosis or repair?

OOPS: just thought of something. Just replaced two hydraulic hoses...have not checked fluid levels but everything else seems to work. I will check hydraulic fluid (!)......anything else obvious?

BTW: thanks to everyone. The forum has taught me lots. MS

/ Kubota BX2200 pto issues #2  
maxsanders,

Is the grinding noise coming from under your seat (transaxle) or from the area of the deck gearbox? Also, are you engaging the PTO at about 2,000 rpm or is it at full throttle or near full throttle? On the BX the PTO should be engaged at 2,000 rpm or less, then throttle up to operating rpm. With only 600 hrs on unit, I doubt that something in the transaxle has failed, but I could be wrong. The PTO clutch is a wet clutch inside the transaxle that is engaged with hydraulic pressure. It is then a mechanical link to the deck.

Check where the noise is coming from and post back. Good luck.

Dave

/ Kubota BX2200 pto issues #3  
maxsanders,

Is the grinding noise coming from under your seat (transaxle) or from the area of the deck gearbox? Also, are you engaging the PTO at about 2,000 rpm or is it at full throttle or near full throttle? On the BX the PTO should be engaged at 2,000 rpm or less, then throttle up to operating rpm. With only 600 hrs on unit, I doubt that something in the transaxle has failed, but I could be wrong. The PTO clutch is a wet clutch inside the transaxle that is engaged with hydraulic pressure. It is then a mechanical link to the deck.

Check where the noise is coming from and post back. Good luck.

Dave
GOOD. ... Also, the mid/rear/both PTO selector lever could be out of kilter. That could cause an internal grind. Fix the problem before you use it again because it sounds as if high load is causing the grind. Should be no way that happens.