Lock 'n Lube

/ Lock 'n Lube #21  
One of the grease gun threads here on TBN suggested an old sock over the grease gun to keep it and your hands cleaner which is a great idea. Change your sock from time to time and you are good to go.

/ Lock 'n Lube #22  
I've gone to wearing a pair of Nitrile exam gloves. Kind of slick - but when finished it all comes off with the gloves.

However, I DO like the sock idea - save the greasy ones until I get a pair - put them on my feet - lubes my 'ol dry feet and my boots from the inside - all at the same time.

/ Lock 'n Lube #23  
For anyone that really wants to maximize their greasing tool inventory there was another thread discussing an alternative.

View attachment 424236

This guy is an alternative to the LockNLube. Works amazingly well. I got it at a local retailer but its available either Amazon or EBay also.

/ Lock 'n Lube #24  
I've gone to wearing a pair of Nitrile exam gloves. Kind of slick - but when finished it all comes off with the gloves.

Ditto, you can buy 100 pairs for $10 on Amazon. Also great for painting.

/ Lock 'n Lube #25  
Greasing my tractor always presents challenges - having only two hands is one, difficult to access zerks is another, and making a mess is yet another. I used the lock n lube for the first time yesterday and love it. I hesitated getting it because of the price, but I see that it is going to be worth every penny in the time I will save and the messes I will avoid. I likely spent as much on other grease gun accessories in the past few years trying to find the best way to get er done - and have broken some zerks in the process. I am a very satisfied user.

I did the same wondering how good could it be, I mean greasing ain't that hard. But I finally broke down and bought one. Then it sat around. As I was fighting with a PTO U joint zerk I decided to try it. Now I'm kicking myself for not trying earlier. Best thing ever for a grease gun.

/ Lock 'n Lube #26  
I did the same wondering how good could it be, I mean greasing ain't that hard. But I finally broke down and bought one. Then it sat around. As I was fighting with a PTO U joint zerk I decided to try it. Now I'm kicking myself for not trying earlier. Best thing ever for a grease gun.

Wait 'till you get the best field service grease gun, Lock n Lube's G-Gun.

/ Lock 'n Lube #27  
Wait 'till you get the best field service grease gun, Lock n Lube's G-Gun.
Thanks for the nice review. Have you thought of warming the grease up so it would flow easier? Maybe put a magnetic block heater on the side to liquify the grease, let the bubbles out, then let it cool down.

/ Lock 'n Lube #28  
Thanks for the nice review. Have you thought of warming the grease up so it would flow easier? Maybe put a magnetic block heater on the side to liquify the grease, let the bubbles out, then let it cool down.

The grease flows in winter. The G-Gun was brand new at the time and what you saw was literally the first time I tried to use it. The first couple of greasing there were some air pockets, but it has been wonderful ever since.

/ Lock 'n Lube #30