What is this part called? Fuel enters injection pump

/ What is this part called? Fuel enters injection pump #1  

paulsharvey

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
So, I have a Kubota L285 that I ran completely out of fuel. While messing with some fuel lines, I decided to take that brass fitting "just one more turn" and now I have a broken fitting, with the male end broken off in the other piece. I don't really know what these pieces are called, so I'm hoping someone can give me an idea. uploadfromtaptalk1478478015769.jpguploadfromtaptalk1478478032600.jpguploadfromtaptalk1478478045437.jpguploadfromtaptalk1478478055328.jpg

it's the part were fuel enters the injection pump. if I know the name, I can atleast start hunting parts.

/ What is this part called? Fuel enters injection pump #2  
Looks like a fuel shut off valve (Banjo fitting)

/ What is this part called? Fuel enters injection pump
that's what I was just looking at. was hoping to find a generic piece for a few bucks, but I guess $70 isn't soo bad

/ What is this part called? Fuel enters injection pump
So, 5 mo that later, an update. I ordered the correct part for like $48, from a parts supply guy in Ohio. Call after 10 days, and email as well; part is discontinued and the new part to replace it is literally only in Japan, 4-6 weeks away, And $148 plus shipping. I confirm the order and wait 6 weeks, call get voicemail, email and nothing, wait another 2 weeks, again nothing. So, I ordered up a 1/8" NPT tap, tap handle, so misc 1/8" fuel hose. uploadfromtaptalk1493594151640.jpg total price was like $7. I drilled and tapped the banjo fitting to accept the 1/8" NPT, installed and now am back in business. I do have a minor drip at my new fitting, but I'm sacred to over tighten it agian and brake off another. what sealants/thread seals are ok on diesel fuel systems?

/ What is this part called? Fuel enters injection pump #7  
Once the system is bled you need a valve there to shut off the flow.

David

/ What is this part called? Fuel enters injection pump #8  
All you need is a plug in that hole it is only to bled the air out of the lines. Since it is NPT now all you would need to do is loosen it lightly and bled the air out then tighten it and the tractor should run fine.

/ What is this part called? Fuel enters injection pump #10  
Teflon tape on the threads should help and also keep the threads from seizing so easy.