FARMTRAC 555 IGNITION SWITCH

/ FARMTRAC 555 IGNITION SWITCH #1  

beggar

Bronze Member
Tractor
farmtra555-case1494-kubota M4050-F4610-MF285
I replaced my key switch with a ford switch. it's different so I plugged the wires into the same numbers and it don't want to crank without grinding on it for 10-12 seconds. At first I had the starter plugged in to second position of switch (two click on switch) and it crank good and moved key back to position one after starting. I don't want to leave it like that. I put the start wire on post 4 which is preheat (it seams) or post 5 silenoid it acts like it's not getting fuel. The electric fuel shut off and fuel preheat is on post 1. I check with a 12 v test light and they work when key is turned on. I thought I would save a few bucks buying a ford switch but things ain't looking good. any helpful ideas

/ FARMTRAC 555 IGNITION SWITCH #2  
There are Farmtrac parts available, that is the route I would take. I have owned several and still have a 555DTC older design for sure but still solid machines.

/ FARMTRAC 555 IGNITION SWITCH
yes I will have to get another switch to make it work correctly. the switch I got will shut off all other wires when you turn key to crank which shuts off the fuel supply so it will not crank
I put the starter wire on the ON wire and turn the key back one step to acc. after it cranks till I get a new one. The one I got must be for a tractor with a pull kill and it has a spot halfway in the spring load start for glow plugs and mine don't use glow plugs.

/ FARMTRAC 555 IGNITION SWITCH #4  
Beggar....leave it be.... Tie the fuel solenoid wire to the thermostart wire with a Jumper... Thats what I did.

It puts 2 wires on the same terminal but the thermostart wire is only energized when you are actually rolliing over the starter. I had the same problem.....it would roll over fine and not start but soon as you let off the key it would fire...