Gannon 4x2 shank notch question, front or back and how many?

/ Gannon 4x2 shank notch question, front or back and how many? #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
Just purchased a CL 80" Gannon 4x2 hydraulic shank control, box blade over the weekend.

There are no shanks, and while the owner told me they require notched shanks, I didn't think to ask whether the notches are from or back... and how many notches are on each shank. (As I just read this, I realized there should be wear on the paint, and looking as the pics, can see that the notches are in front. But I still don't know how many notches I should purchase.)

My local "Woods" dealers are clueless. Don't carry them and couldn't tell me front or back. Neither place had a box blade in stock to check for myself.

I've seen both front and back notched shanks and I've also seen 2 and 3 notched shanks. So, I am trying to find out what I need before I order.

There was a single V springclip remaining, but no shank.

I've seen them on AgriSupply but if there are other recommendations I'd appreciate your thoughts.

$550... there is some use, but only issue I've found is that the floating gate has been tack welded down. The cutting edge on the floating gate is worn. But everything else looks pretty good. Hydraulics work well.

How many notches do I need and are there any things of which I should be aware? Are all 'notched' shanks standard in distance between notches?

IMG_3656.JPGIMG_3657.JPG