Filter removal without a gorilla

/ Filter removal without a gorilla
HF 69021? I saw some on amazon that look similar that use teeth instead of rubber for grip. Not sure which is better but I may see if a auto parts store has that one just in case.

/ Filter removal without a gorilla #13  
Most people use something like this. 41H31jGU1yL.jpg some prefer these that use a ratchet or breaker bar, KD2320-L.jpg and others prefer the pliers type image_17544.jpg then there are the widgets that work on the end of the filter using a ratchet and I've even use common plumbers strap wrenches for the hard to access filters and you could also use a chain wrench which is a strap wrench that uses bicycle chain instead of a rubber or fabric strap.

I've never seen one like you have and it doesn't look like it would be very effective ero the very low price.

I picked up some pliers at o'Reilly and a ratchet type grabber at nappa. The pliers were slightly angled so I thought they might fit in the opening easier. I tried the ratchet first with several extensions and after getting a good bite, the filter came right off.

Oil Filter Wrench TWD PKG411 | Buy Online - NAPA Auto Parts

In store this was $10.

/ Filter removal without a gorilla #15  
Most people use something like this. View attachment 490123 some prefer these that use a ratchet or breaker bar, View attachment 490124 and others prefer the pliers type View attachment 490125 then there are the widgets that work on the end of the filter using a ratchet and I've even use common plumbers strap wrenches for the hard to access filters and you could also use a chain wrench which is a strap wrench that uses bicycle chain instead of a rubber or fabric strap.

I've never seen one like you have and it doesn't look like it would be very effective ero the very low price.

I use the 'strap/handle' one only on my D110 due to the relatively small size of the filter. Everything on my 4105 is done with a larger 'pliers' type, which I bought at my JD dealership... it also removes/tightens the cap for the hydraulic filter.

So far, the only "factory trained gorilla" I've encountered is the one used to assemble the 'adjustable' tip of grease guns... it took two pairs of vice-grips and a hammer to loosen those up!

/ Filter removal without a gorilla #16  
Chain wrench gets everything.

Maybe, but mine wouldn't fit in the space unfortunately.

/ Filter removal without a gorilla #19  
I have a version of something like the 2 links below . Bought it at my local Freightliner dealer . Catapillar brand . Goes up to pretty good size , but smaller filters can be a pain , since it is designed for bigger stuff . Clearance issue's are never a problem in most cases since if You can slide the strap on , All You need is to use extensions with ratchet out of the problem area .

strap wrench.jpg

Amazon.com: ATD Tools 5375 Strap Oil Filter Wrench: Automotive

Amazon.com: Lumax LX-181 Black Universal Nylon Strap Filter Wrench: Automotive

Fred H.

Here is what mine looks like :

C10551873.jpg

/ Filter removal without a gorilla #20  
Yes, I think 69021 is the right HF part number. At 8.99 the cost is minimal. I needed this because there wasn't room enough around the filter to use a strap wrench or band wrench. I certainly recommend it for anyone with a Kubota bx.