Kubota BX-2350 won't go into forward or reverse

/ Kubota BX-2350 won't go into forward or reverse #1  

mikerose

Tractor
Kubota BX-23
In the middle of plowing, naturally. Sigh.

Further investigation reveals that the rod from the "forward-reverse rocker" is completely disconnected from, I guess, the transmission in a very tough spot, up kind of behind the transmission oil filter. I'm guessing a clevis pin or something like that broke or got disconnected. I'm going to peruse the manuals, but if anybody has any advice I'm all ears! Thanks.

-Mike R

/ Kubota BX-2350 won't go into forward or reverse
I ended up "MacGuyvering" it with a heavy duty nylon tie wrap, which held the arm on the little pin of the connection at the speed change rod to the trunion rod. Because of clearances it was one of the most difficult things I've ever done (laying on the ground, my head occasionally freezing to the ice on the driveway, fully under the tractor), requiring me to use long needle nose curved pliers, a piece of electrical snake, and a long screwdriver to make it happen. NO idea how long this rig will hold up but at least I finished my driveway.....

Now to research a solution.

/ Kubota BX-2350 won't go into forward or reverse #3  
Keep us posted. I'm in no mood nor is the weather for me to climb under my BX to see what you are talking about. :cold:

/ Kubota BX-2350 won't go into forward or reverse #4  
I had the same thing happen to my BX2370 with only 35 hours on it. The a nut that holds the rod form the forward/reverse pedal cam off and then the rod was loose on the connection to the transmission. Mine didn't fall off completely but was loose enough I could notice it and was losing speed. It is in a difficult spot and had to loosen the factory skid plate and thought about removing the hst filter but didn't. Still had to swear some. The nut was lost to nature so went to the hardware store but could not find a replacement nut that was locking with a nylon insert. Instead I coated the threaded part of the rod with vibratite (blue Loctite would work too) installed a washer and a replacement nut. Just difficult spot to get too. Hopefully your problem is the same, nothing major, just a pain.

/ Kubota BX-2350 won't go into forward or reverse #5  
My 2008 Bx2660 has a similar situation that I have to consistently monitor. The reverse forward treadle where it attaches to shaft has a split pin that over time works it way "almost out" I can tell when I should check because the reaction of the treadle is reduced because pin is not engaging with what it should be touching. So I keep a centre punch in my tractor tool pouch and lift the rubber mat access slit and punch it back down in place every week or two.
I can only imagine if this split pin fell out that I would be in the same boat as the original poster ............is it possible your pin fell out or maybe yours BX23 has different set up , I will try to find picture and add to my post

/ Kubota BX-2350 won't go into forward or reverse #6  
I tried to find the parts diagram or pictures but couldn't. If I remember the linkage has the split pin connector at the treadle pedal like wawajake said and a male thread at the rear that connects to transaxle and has a nut to retain it. I think there is a picture of it in the service manual.