Agco st41 solenoid

/ Agco st41 solenoid #1  

Johncolleen123

Tractor
Agco st41a.
I have a st41a agco
The solenoid burnt out the other day. So I purchased another aftermarket one, said to be comparable with tractor. Both original and new one had 3 wires. The new one also burnt out. I looked up the wiring diagram and the two hot wires connect into one in the wiring harness. So there is no( start,hold,ground). Just hot and ground.
Does this mean it is a two coil solenoid?
New one is 380$ from dealer
eBay is 17.99$( not sure if it's 2 or 3 coil)
Should I just buy cheap one 3 coil and hook up wire to starter for start wire

/ Agco st41 solenoid #2  
Sir
I am pasting a post I made intended for you to see at the bottom of this one.

The more I read your two posts the more confused I become. Exactly what solenoid are you talking about? The starter and if so is it integral with the starter or apart from the starter.
Why did you think it was burned out?
Do you have a multi meter, even a very cheap one?

I tried finding info on your tractor such as parts diagram, but the best I could do was to find an AGCO web site that needs an owner to go to their dealer and request login name and password so you can look for parts.

My suggestion is for you to do that if you can.

I really dont know where you live, Dungannon Ireland or Dungannon Ontario Canada so this link below may be of no use to you.

Do you have an owners' manual with a wiring diagram which you could scan and send to me?
I will try and help but I need access to information about your tractor.

Dave M7040

AGCO Parts Books

/ Agco st41 solenoid
Hi it's the fuel shutoff solenoid. I have tested them with multimeter. Both burnt out with smoke coming out. I leave in dungannon ont.
As well I do have a owners manual with the wiring diagram. Just won't allow me upload it

/ Agco st41 solenoid #5  
John

Look at this wiring schematic for a B2 Kubota. I know it is not your tractor but the diode #11 is on all sorts of riding mowers and farm tractors of all sizes.

9r80lg.jpg

The diode is on tractors now because of the electronic stuff on them. When a solenoid is powered up and then has the power cut off such as a starter solenoid, a high voltage spoke is produced and the job of the diode is to drain off that spike to prevent damage to electronic components.

The magnetic field which forms as power is in the solenoid has created this magnetic field like you see when metal filings are sprinkled above a bar magnet, suddenly collapses when the power is cut off as when you release the key from the start position. The collapsing magnetic field as it passes back through the winding of the solenoid, produces a spike of very high voltage.

A 12 volt circuit can produces voltage spikes of up to perhaps 1,000 volts.

What I have seen is when someone connects a battery backwards or improperly connects a booster battery to a dead tractor battery, this diode blows. Depending on how it fails and where it is in the wiring system determines what consequences you will see.

260yah0.jpg

k3rnde.jpg

34tbaz6.jpg

Dave M7040

/ Agco st41 solenoid #6  
Yes, creating two threads on the same subject is isn't a good idea, very confusing.