Gold Member
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 416S John Deere LX280, John Deere Z225 zero turn yanmar 1401 , Oliver 550 Special, Oliver 75 Lawn Tractor, New Holland 3930 4WD, Mitsubishi BDF2 Dozer

Default Weld on sprockets

I have a Mitsubishi BD2f dozer that I had a new undercarriage installed on the unit. The replacements consisted of new rails, rollers and weld on sprockets. The front idler wasn't replaced. The problem is that the tracks come off to the inside. I have had two opinions: The front idler is worn or the weld on sprockets weren't welded properly. Have any of you had this problem? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Elite Member
    Tractor
    3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,

Default Re: Weld on sprockets

One way to check your sprockets is to jack the machine up an put it on timbers and get a helper to put it in gear and walk one side forward and backwards. then stack a few big blocks next to it and put a dowel or other rough indicator marker on th blocks and secure it neer the hub it should find the high and low spots. My guess is he idlers are worn down or the tension isnt adjusted properly. look at the areas where the idlers touch the rails and look to see if the bushings touching the center of the idler. I usully get tup build these up for a friends land clearing company a few times a year. Hes got doers from a DC4 to a D9G. I just take a my welder and a box of 7018's and weld and chip the flanges of the idlers. I use a light misting of a sprinkler to keep the bearings/bushings in the stub axle of the idler cool. Its tedious but saves a good bit of money.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Cline adjustments are big reasons to throw tracks.. off center sprocket segments will throw tracks too, as well as positioner idlers..

Soundguy

Tractor
    Kubota L4610, ZD21, RTV900, B2630

I still think you need to shim your front idlers, but here is an authorized Mitsubishi parts dealer who may be able to answer your questions.

We are a authorized Mitsubishi parts distributor and support the dozer, wheel loader and motor grader lines of equipment. If you have any questions or need parts please give us a call.

~Jay
    Rhine Equipment Company
    800-536-3335