broken rockshaft housing john deere 4310

/ broken rockshaft housing john deere 4310 #1  

Taters525

Tractor
None
so the rockshaft housing has a crack running down the center between the mounts for the top link. I think this piece is cast and probably would not be able to be welded. anyone have any experience with this. How much to have dealer remove and replace... or the dream that it can actually be fixed in place

/ broken rockshaft housing john deere 4310 #2  
Not trying to depress you, but that sounds really bad. I'm sure pictures would help in getting more replies and ideas. From my limited experience, the castings are never something that can be purchased quickly. Most times you are stuck waiting on the manufacturer. Hopefully it is a problem they've had a few times and keep some on hand at the regional warehouses.

Either way, this was the last post shown on my "todays posts" and had no replies, so hopefully this will bump the thread into some activity and help you get some better info...

/ broken rockshaft housing john deere 4310 #3  
I tried ordering a new pto clutch housing from Deere for a 4410. They don't make it anymore. I found a used one and was able to get my pto going again. Good luck

Decided to look up the part number. M136620 If you can find one they are around $670 USD. Used ones are about half that.

/ broken rockshaft housing john deere 4310
Called the dealer they said $670 for the part and 8hrs labor at $100 per hour. Plus miscellaneous. So guessing about $1700

/ broken rockshaft housing john deere 4310 #5  
Called the dealer they said $670 for the part and 8hrs labor at $100 per hour. Plus miscellaneous. So guessing about $1700

That's definitely a kick in the hind-end! Sorry to hear it.. At least you can get the casting.

Any ideas regarding how the housing cracked in the first place?

Please post your progress as others here on TBN might gain some knowledge without the pain...

Good luck.

/ broken rockshaft housing john deere 4310
image.jpeg
Here is a picture of the cracked housing. Runs right down the center. If you can't tell from the picture this is where your top link connects for the 3pt hitch.