60 gallon air compressors?

/ 60 gallon air compressors? #3  
I'm with blackdog, two stage is a better choice plus Quincy compressors are slower running which means quieter and less wear. Bob

/ 60 gallon air compressors? #4  
Hard to say which is the best bang. Everyone will have their own opinion on that. My last compressor was a 60 gallon unit I bought from Northern Hydraulics over 40 years ago. The bottom of the tank rusted out from years of condensation. Current compressor is an 80 gallon from Home Depot.
Many are concerned with noise Db level when running, oil less, type of compressor, lots of CFM, single stage or 2 stage, made in USA or not etc. Its enough to make your head spin.
The IR you linked to is a good compressor as are others. Every brand is susceptible to problems just like automobiles or tractors. The choice is yours.

/ 60 gallon air compressors? #5  
I also would buy the Quincy! In my opinion, it's enough better quality, to be worth the higher price.

SR

/ 60 gallon air compressors? #6  
I also would buy the Quincy! In my opinion, it's enough better quality, to be worth the higher price.

SR

Me too! And I did.

Quincy.jpg

/ 60 gallon air compressors? #7  
The Ingersoll has more CFM and less Money. Quincy is nice I don't know if it is $400 nicer.

/ 60 gallon air compressors? #8  
What is the best bang for the buck in 60 gallons air compressors?

This is one I considered:
Ingersoll Rand SS5L5 5 HP 6 Gallon High Capacity Air Compressor - For Life Out Here
But a lot of the reviews mention having motor problems.

I bought a DeVilbliss (I think it is) some 15 years ago on sale at Home Depot for $350-400 forget exact number, upright 6.5 (locked rotor peak HP rated....actually 4 running HP., cap start, cap run.) Compressor is single stage and over the years put in a second head gasket, a 240v cut out switch bleed off valve, added a tank drain valve and just a month ago, a tank check valve due to excessive time for compression pressure to bleed off after filling....had me puzzled for awhile as to the root cause.

/ 60 gallon air compressors? #9  
I'm with blackdog, two stage is a better choice plus Quincy compressors are slower running which means quieter and less wear. Bob

What speed does the motor run at?